Looking for a raquet at a reasonable price.

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by bOk_ChOi, Oct 18, 2002.

1. bOk_ChOi

bOk_ChOi New Member

pimp
    Hi everyone, I'm new to the board.
    '

I just wanna know what raquet you guys would suggest for me. I am quite a beginner, so I probably won't need a ""muscle raquet""

However, I have been looking forward to the Yonex ISO 60 mf. It's advertised for 75 dollars Canadian, but I might be able to get a 25% discount there becuase I know someone who works there.

here is the link: http://www.sportchek.ca/product_description.jhtml?id=prod1570098&fromSpecificCategory=true

-cheers!

also want to mention that my previous raquet was a Tecno Pro.
    While I was playing earlier today, the wooden part of the handle snapped right off!

anyway I can replace it besides gluing it back?

#1 bOk_ChOi, Oct 18, 2002
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2002
  2. TOmike

TOmike Regular Member

Student
    yeah u might wanna try the 60 first..
    i got a 50mf from national sports for 50 bucks and it isn't even worth that much.. its a piece of crud...

my advice to u is to try it out first.. in my opinion, sports chek is not the best place to find badminton equipment..

3. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Ur choice is not bad. For a beginner, that racket is pretty decent with attractive features and good price.

Not sure about whether u can find any other local dealers or not, since I don't live in TOR.

4. TOmike

TOmike Regular Member

Student
    Yo's Sports at First Markham Place
    he can help you out with your price range and skill level

Lee's Badminton
    www.leesbadminton.com

5. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    BK,
    You might want to check out Tad's (assuming that you are in Vancouver) on 72nd/Granville. They have a number of different models including Gosen, Winex, Yang Yang, Victor, Prince, and of course Yonex. You might be able to find something in your price range that suits you.

Other places includes Rackets & Runners (24th/Oak) and Abbie's (33rd/Main).

6. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    check your techno handle. remove the grip tape and see if the handle if broken (cracked) or if the shaft simply lifted from the handle. If it is cracked, little you can do but maybe to either make one yourself (if you possess woodwork skills), or salvage another handle from another broken racquet.

To glue the shaft, you need some epoxy (usually 5 minute epoxy is acceptable), and a small screw. making sure the shaft is aligned properly in the handle, drill a small hole approximately 1 1/2 inch down from the tip of the handle with the shaft in place. i might suggest clamping both the shaft and the handle so that they do not shift and get out of alignment. drill until you have reached the shaft, and continue for one side of the shaft. Do not drill through both sides of the shaft.

insert the glue, and push the shaft back in. install the screw. wipe any excess epoxy. wait until dry, then clue on the cap. (oh, btw. make sure the cap was on the shaft prior to gluing the shaft into the handle...

Regrip, re-wrap.

Enjoy....