Something is rare more than championships

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Xu Zhen, Oct 19, 2002.

1. Xu Zhen

Xu Zhen Regular Member

I don't know how many countries there are in the top 10, but I really know Korean men's team must not be No.1 all over world because they have taken no team champion title out of their country so far. If I choose these countries, I am going to name China as the best team because they have been the owner of the Sudirman Cup - the world mixed team championship for 4 times in a row, and I am going to name Indonesia as the best men's team because they have been the winner of the Thomas Cup - the world men's team championship for 5 times in a row, and then I am going to name China as the best women's team because they have been the winner of the Uber Cup - the world women's team championship for 3 times in a row. I feel very sorry not to choose Korea as the best team because in spite of taking 2 men's team champion in '86 and in '02 Asian Games in Korea, Korean haven't taken any world team titles in "3 cups" competitions. I even don't think Korea is real Asian Games Badminton Men's Champion at all because the Korean line judges, I think, are real Champion. I also think Korean are foolish for what they have done in Busan because the Asian Champion isn't the World Champion, what's more, Korean line judges are the same things as the "black whistle" now. As far as Korean disrepute is concerned, I know that the IBF will not permit T&U C and S C&WC to be hold in Korea in the future. I don't really understand what Korean on earth got according to what they lost in Busan Badminton competitions. After all, sports are just sports.

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    XZ,

Agree very much with what you wrote.

The Korean Open is usually very diffiuclt to win because of the line judging.

In badminton terms, Korea has a definate and well publicised black mark. It will be difficult to get rid of the reputation.

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    true. and it looks like Korea isn't even trying to get rid of the bad reputation either. too bad, as they are a great badminton nation when it comes to skills. but now they will forever be down in the history book as the nation who cheat in badminton.