Nanospeed 9000S Review

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by SnowyHaze, Aug 15, 2009.

1. SnowyHaze

SnowyHaze New Member

Bobby
    Nanospeed 9000 Type S Review!!

Hey guys i just got my new Nanospeed 9000 Type S today!!!!! This is an upgrade from the previous Nanospeed NC Tuff 9 which i thought was a much heavier racquet. I strung my Nanospeed 9000 S with BG 80 (dark blue) at 24 pounds. :D

When i used it, i was surprised by its lightness and strength. Although I thought it was not as powerful as the Type X (which i've tried before) it provided sufficient power. I found this racquet fairly OK to get used to because ive been playing alot of badminton. However this racquet maybe harder to handle for others. Shots became much more intricate and less sloppy, since this racquet requires more wristwork than heavier racquets.

The biggest advantage to this racquet is the speed and mobility of the racquet. This is great for defending smashes as quick defenses are needed. During doubles as i played against 2 seniors...i managed to block thier smashes(surprisingly) 90% of the time.Their smashes looked like they were in slow motion :cool:

Net shots were very controlled and i was able to hit it very close to the net. Shots that normally required strength seemed effortless. Retrieving drops was a problem at first because the racquet allowed me to be one step ahead of the shot. This caused the timing to be off.

At first i kept hitting my drop shots on the net (near the tape) I adjusted by adding a bit more power and drops seemed to be fairly good. :eek:

Generating power for the smash was not hard at all. I felt no vibration at all, after the smash. Also the elastic feel when performing the smash further reduced the recoil of the smash. However, i had some trouble controlling the accuracy of my shots. This was probably because i havn't mastered the control of the racquet yet.

In the end, i thought this racquet provided SPEED, thus improving my movement in court as well as quick defensive shots. I would definitely recommend this racquet for those seeking to improve doubles play.

Feel: 9/10
    Control: 8/10
    Power: 9/10
    Defense: 9.5/10

Pros : Speed, quick shots ---> Time-saving in court.

Cons: Accuracy.

*This is my first review and these are only my thoughts on the racquet :p. If you have other thoughts on the racquet please feel free to post comments :eek: