Singles partners wanted Greater/ SW London

Discussion in 'UK' started by lingyai, Aug 16, 2009.

1. lingyai

lingyai New Member

Returning to the badminton after a number of years but not bad at all -- at least very enthusiastic, can run around like an inspired fool and sometimes make my opponents do the same. Singles games preferred for now. I work in the City and live in Sutton. Please get in touch if interested

2. lingyai

lingyai New Member

Wow... 29 views, not one reply... did I say something wrong?

3. ladystar88

ladystar88 Regular Member

Student
    there is a club at london met uni, 5 mins walk from holloway road. the people are very friendly. cost £7 for 3 hours.

4. lukebadders17

lukebadders17 New Member

I play in wimbledon very friendly

5. eraima

eraima New Member

I'm a student at London Met and unfortunately I have a lecture on the day they have practices (thursday) so, If you are OK to travel to the University (which is in holloway), I can join you.

FYI, I used to play for the school team and kind out of touch now so might need to warm up a bit. Also, I'm a guy (not sure if this matters coz I don't know whether you are a girl or a guy). If you are ok, let me know
    erangaima@gmail.com

I'm free every week day after 6 PM except on Thursdays and I'm also free on the weekends.

Thanks
    Eranga

6. wharfplayer

wharfplayer Regular Member

Check out this website http://londonbadminton.weebly.com

The group plays regularly during Saturdays and midweek as well. Further details on its website. Prior RSVP is required via Facebook Group (The London Canary Wharf Badminton Meetup Group).

Regards

7. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

ouch, £5 for 1h20m or 2h sessions to play with plastics?

8. david14700

david14700 Regular Member

G, you feather shuttle snob, looking down on people who play with plastics :p

Me, I love Yonex Mavis :D

9. davidli

davidli Regular Member

driving instructor
    Hi, my name is David, I play around the SW area, advanced player and coach, looking to maintain my singles games, just under 50, will give you a really good run around, if interested lets me know, I am also an Approved Driving Instructor so distance is no problem.
    Cheers

10. Akife Dar

Akife Dar Regular Member

Badminton Coach
    Hi David, I be interested in giving you a game of singles in East London in Leytonstone School, as I liking play intense rallies. I play three times a week in Leyton and do enter tournament like the one in Birimingham NIA.

11. davidli

davidli Regular Member

driving instructor
    Hi, I thought you said around the SW area, thats South West of London, but Leytonstone is at E17 area, its a bit far for me as i hate driving up to the East side of London, is there any chance that maybe we can meet up half way or maybe i can treat you to play at my club in Wimbledon, its superbly purposed built badminton courts with lovely wooden soft floors. from David

12. Akife Dar

Akife Dar Regular Member

Badminton Coach
    Hi David,
    If I am right is your club at Wimbledon Racquet and Fitness Club on Sundays and play singles and doubles with training too?
    thankyou
    Akife

13. davidli

davidli Regular Member

driving instructor
    Hi, yes thats my club, i try to train about 3 to 4 times a week, more whenever i can...... if you like lets me know when you can come down we can play at my club, just lets me know the days and times that you are available....thanks

14. qiquan

qiquan Regular Member

Postdoc
    Hi Lingyai

I was looking like mad guy for a good badminton clubs and players for the last few weeks and met a lot of cold responses. However, I just found the charing cross club that has two dedicated court just for badminton, which is just across the street where I am living. I just arrive in London 3 weeks ago. I am looking for good players or players with high spirit to take the risk of being move around the court like crazy. I will be glad if you can join me =).

kc

15. davidli

davidli Regular Member

driving instructor
    hi

I play at the wimbledon Racquet and fitness Club on a regular basis, am always looking for single games, i play at county level....maybe we can have a game or two in the future, i can travel.

16. Akife Dar

Akife Dar Regular Member

Badminton Coach
    Hi David, I had always want to come to the Wimbledon Racquet and Fitmess Club because it is popular.So I would like to come and join you for a game and train on Saturday or Sunday at late afternoon from 3 to 5pm.I also know a friend name Daniel who plays for the singles leaguce at you club too.

thank you
    Dar