Shame !

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by willie, Oct 19, 2002.

1. willie

willie Regular Member

draftsperson
    At least the Korean didn't do the unthinkable at this moment : the women team championship & women single title. If they've snatched these titles, the world will rock.
    Indeed, it's a sad day for badminton of what Korean did in Busan. I don't know any dispute in 86' Asian game, but I can recall the scandal in the boxing ring in 88' Olympics, certainly anyone can refresh his/her memory of this year's world cup. The world must be crazy if the Korean holds the cup.

2. wl2172

wl2172 Regular Member

Koreans must be held accountable for what they have done, and not be given priority to hold major tournaments. They are a bunch of cheats. Taufik walked out for 2 whole hours, I really admire his integrity.

3. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Well, they did again just before the "finale" of Asian game.

When the Korean Lady double team aginst China's GaoLing/Haung Sui, Gao Ling hit a shot inside the line (even the Korean girl said it was in), but the line judge still rule it out. Then, they changed the line judge, but did not give the point back to China, and refused to show TV replay afterward.

What can I say??? If they keep doing this, what's the beauty of the game any more?

4. modious

modious Regular Member

Well no use crying over spilt milk....

I'm not really surprise judging from how the Korean football team reached the quater finals of the World Cup.

5. willie

willie Regular Member

draftsperson
    Korean fans

Any Korean fans visiting this site ? Hope they can come to defend their country.

6. dlp

dlp Regular Member

Accountant / Coach
    In the absence of any Koreans

I remember PJB playing in the World Champs MXD final against the Danish in Denmark. He had some terrible calls the line judge was replaced, but PJB came back to dominate the deciding game and win the title. Thats what makes a great champion, no excuses, winning despite the odds or the situation.

If he had a better attitude Taufiq would be the best in the world. He chucked his match in the TC finals as well.

Home calls happen in every sport. Taufiq was lucky not to be disqualified. You can't award a point back for a "bad" call thats the rules. In a few years no one will remember a call, or even who came second in the match, get over it .
    (Runs for cover)

7. willie

willie Regular Member

draftsperson
    Korean

Good smash, dlp. I don't intend to start a heated debate. Only cowards will run for cover.

8. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I agree with ur point. "Home court advantage" appears everywhere. Under the pressure of home court fans, the ref sometimes have to somehow do a some little favor to home team.

However, what we are talking about is kinda way too much. The Korean ref kept doing this kinda of "calls" even 3 yrs old kid knows its wrong. I mean, I don't mind they make a call, if the bird is on the line something. But, come on, almost 1 ft in side the line? What the opponent can do? Hit the bird directly to the body of others to win a point?

I agree with "homecourt advantage", with some calls, game can be made to be tight and interesting. With the temp goes up, ppl just "fight" like crazy. That's the excitement of the game. But, plz, don't do too much. Obvious shameless calls can never bring up a true champ or another real gold medal for the nation, but just shame in the sport's history.

9. jwu

jwu Regular Member

Medical Research
    Have to agree w/ lazybuddy that "homecourt advantage" should be a bigger cheering crowd, a familiar gym environment, climate, stuff like that, not a biased referee that makes calls in your favor. That ruins the integrity of the game.

10. dlp

dlp Regular Member

Accountant / Coach
    I appreciate your patriotism but the Korean players or umpire did nothing wrong. If some linecalls were in error or were influenced by the home crowd thats a problem but not the fault of the Korean players.

11. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I agree. The players or coach should have nothing to do with that. I heard some rumor about "certain national organization" get involved in these kinda "events". Therefore, I guess this belongs to those crazy "nationality proudness" political games.

12. willie

willie Regular Member

draftsperson
    No, we are NOT finger pointing the players, but the judges we are talking about all along.