User Tag List

Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Yishun, Singapore
    Posts
    15
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Automobile Association badminton tournament

    Heya Fellow Shuttlers!

    Automobile Association will be having a badminton tournament on 19 September 2009 at Delta Sports hall. Open to public. Below are the details with regards to the tournament. If you guys are interested you can contact me, Ash, at:

    68312143
    96181071 (sms)
    aa-events@aas.com.sg

    Closing date is on 19 August 2009
    Cheers!

    AA Badminton (Doubles) Fun Tournament 2009
    Date : Saturday, 19 September 2009
    Time : 9am 1pm
    Venue: Delta Sports Hall
    The time has come again and the stage is set! Grab your badminton buddy and get ready for a smashing good time at the 2nd AA Badminton (Doubles) Fun Tournament.

    The tournament is divided into two categories Open (18 to 45 years old) & Veteran (46 years old and above) and will be played in a double-knockout format. A minimum of 8 teams will be required for each category.
    The Fun Tournament will be played on a best of 3 (21 points format).

    Charges (per pax)
    AA Members $25
    Guest $30

    Prizes will be given to the top 3 teams of each Category.


    Note: Tournament date, time and venue maybe subject to change. Participants are advised to dress in appropriate sporting attire and non-marking shoes. Please bring along your own badminton rackets. Shuttlecocks will be provided.

    For more information, please email aa-events@aas.com.sg or contact Events & Activities Department at 68312140.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    357
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ashdorado View Post
    Heya Fellow Shuttlers!

    Automobile Association will be having a badminton tournament on 19 September 2009 at Delta Sports hall. Open to public. Below are the details with regards to the tournament. If you guys are interested you can contact me, Ash, at:

    68312143
    96181071 (sms)
    aa-events@aas.com.sg

    Closing date is on 19 August 2009
    Cheers!

    AA Badminton (Doubles) Fun Tournament 2009
    Date : Saturday, 19 September 2009
    Time : 9am 1pm
    Venue: Delta Sports Hall
    The time has come again and the stage is set! Grab your badminton buddy and get ready for a smashing good time at the 2nd AA Badminton (Doubles) Fun Tournament.

    The tournament is divided into two categories Open (18 to 45 years old) & Veteran (46 years old and above) and will be played in a double-knockout format. A minimum of 8 teams will be required for each category.
    The Fun Tournament will be played on a best of 3 (21 points format).

    Charges (per pax)
    AA Members $25
    Guest $30

    Prizes will be given to the top 3 teams of each Category.


    Note: Tournament date, time and venue maybe subject to change. Participants are advised to dress in appropriate sporting attire and non-marking shoes. Please bring along your own badminton rackets. Shuttlecocks will be provided.

    For more information, please email aa-events@aas.com.sg or contact Events & Activities Department at 68312140.
    Oh...Each pax S$30?? is means each double team will be S$60? wah!!! very expensive tournament...may i know wat is the price for the 1st 3 teams winner??

  3. #3
    Regular Member extremenanopowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    SG. Go for NCAP-L2 certified coach.
    Posts
    11,849
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    A free car.. lol.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Yishun, Singapore
    Posts
    15
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LOL. I will confirm the prizes tomorrow. Still waiting for my manager to finalise the I&E. Closing date has been extended to 7 September 2009.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    357
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ashdorado View Post
    LOL. I will confirm the prizes tomorrow. Still waiting for my manager to finalise the I&E. Closing date has been extended to 7 September 2009.
    With the participate fees as mentioned, the price for the champion must be something worth above S$800.00 otherwise , is too ex already.....

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    hougang
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I registered for the tournament, but i was told my name was not in. I think my registration date was on the 18th aug, but so sad that AAS messed up and now I don't get to play. didn't think the system will be so problematic...

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Dover Crescent
    Posts
    10,451
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    We personally think this is a friendly game but Automobile Association should also inform participants what are expected prizes to be given away
    And up to today no mention of prizes?
    But elainesoh, u can join us on Sat 19 Sep for a friendly game in the afternoon at delta Sports Hall.
    IF keen, do pm us
    Last edited by pchospital; 09-11-2009 at 01:39 AM.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    54
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Still can participate?

    Hi Jonachin,

    Still can participate?

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    357
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wilsonlim76 View Post
    Hi Jonachin,

    Still can participate?
    hahaaa....bro, i am not the organiser lah

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Dover Crescent
    Posts
    10,451
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wilsonlim76 View Post
    Hi Jonachin,

    Still can participate?
    Wilsonlim76, there will be a upcoming competition somewhere in Nov CSC level.
    40/head.
    Need a team consisting of single, mixed doubles and male doubles.
    Other than prizes, free food provided.
    Venue at one school's hall
    They have not let us know about the prizes
    Last edited by pchospital; 09-11-2009 at 07:51 AM.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    54
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default must find a team?

    You means must find a team?

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    357
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pchospital View Post
    Wilsonlim76, there will be a upcoming competition somewhere in Nov CSC level.
    40/head.
    Need a team consisting of single, mixed doubles and male doubles.
    Other than prizes, free food provided.
    Venue at one school's hall
    They have not let us know about the prizes
    Oh..is some how like sudirman cup ya..is it?

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    45
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonachin View Post
    With the participate fees as mentioned, the price for the champion must be something worth above S$800.00 otherwise , is too ex already.....
    Disappointing. Outrageous.
    Entry fee = SGD60 in cash
    Winner prize = SGD60
    2nd Place prize = SGD40

    That too in NTUC/Fairprice vouchers
    Last edited by aruncavale; 09-26-2009 at 12:57 AM. Reason: additional notes

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Bishan, Singapore
    Posts
    1,148
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aruncavale View Post
    Disappointing. Outrageous.
    Entry fee = SGD60 in cash
    Winner prize = SGD60
    2nd Place prize = SGD40

    That too in NTUC/Fairprice vouchers

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    357
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aruncavale View Post
    Disappointing. Outrageous.
    Entry fee = SGD60 in cash
    Winner prize = SGD60
    2nd Place prize = SGD40

    That too in NTUC/Fairprice vouchers
    wah!! winner price just same amount with entry fee, oh,.....like this type of business i also thinking of organise the tournament liao...

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    : 06-02-2011, 07:20 PM
  2. NWFP Badminton Association
    By geebees90 in forum Middle East & South Asia
    Replies: 2
    : 06-16-2010, 03:29 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    : 04-06-2005, 12:52 AM
  4. 2005 Ballarat Badminton Association State Junior Selection Tournament
    By jump_smash in forum Australia / New Zealand
    Replies: 0
    : 03-03-2005, 12:42 AM
  5. ACT Badminton Association AGM 2004
    By jump_smash in forum Australia / New Zealand
    Replies: 0
    : 10-11-2004, 09:16 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •