Equalizing cross/main tensions

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by chouchoo, Aug 18, 2009.

1. chouchoo

chouchoo Regular Member

Just as background, have Eagnas combo 810.. usually string 4 knot method (yonex pattern).

I noticed that my crosses seems to be at a lower tension than the mains even when I do the 10% increase. I figured this because they are easier to displace laterally than the mains. I might be overthinking things... haha

If the tension of the mains are higher, wouldn't it create or sort of uneven contact on the birdie since the mains create more of the repulsion. Do you guys think that a 2-knot method is superior to the 4-knot since the strings equalize tension? I think it's almost impossible to create equally tensioned crosses/mains with 4-knot...

2. Tim1456

Tim1456 Regular Member

Clerk
    I don't think so. As I know in tennis. main is controled by cross. Increase the tension on cross could reduce the movement of main. opposite should also be true.

So the correct explaination is becasue main is at lower tension the cross is easier to move.