Hong Kong badminton shops

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by rebsinfx, Aug 19, 2009.

1. rebsinfx

rebsinfx Regular Member

Hi all. Sorry if there is a new post about the topic but the ones I searched are kinda old so I just want to have it updated. I am going to HK next week and just want to know the latest reputable HK badminton equipment shops. Kindly post if they have a website coz some dont work already form previous threads. Also HK open 09 is coming so this thread might also help people visiting HK. Thanks a lot! :cool:

2. michelangeli

michelangeli Regular Member

Musician
  3. Genghis

Genghis Regular Member

Head to Fa Yuen Street in Mongkok. There are a number of shops there that sell badminton equipment. Probably the most famous is Rose Sports.

Be forewarned though that the service there can be hit or miss. The male owner there is a little cantankerous but the prices there are usually among the best in Hong Kong. A Yonex Nanospeed 9900 (SP coded) goes for HK$1160 (approx US$150). This includes free stringing. They also have a selection of JP coded rackets for a premium price.

I don't think they have a website. They used to have one here: http://www.rosesports.hk/contact_us.htm but I haven't been able to access it for about a year now.

There is another shop at the end of Fa Yuen Street on the 2nd FL across the street from Sincere. I don't remember the name of the shop (not sure they even have an english name) but the prices there are quite good as well. A Yonex Nanospeed 9900 (SP coded) goes for about HK$1190.

4. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    I usually go to Kaiseng badminton as they give good customer service and price is good also.

http://www.kaisengbadminton.com/index.html

There is one small shop at Fa Yuen street, it is on the other end of the street, the prices there are competitive and they sell quite alot of Victor stuff.

5. Machiko

Machiko Regular Member

Finance
  6. Firedrive

Firedrive Regular Member

Project Manager - Hotel Logistic
    My Badminton Store

My Badminton Store has also a retail shop in Sheung Wan.

You can call up the owner, Mr Winston Chan (speaks perfect English), to check for stock.

7. Machiko

Machiko Regular Member

Finance
  8. rebsinfx

rebsinfx Regular Member

thanks for the replies! great help!

9. Jing09

Jing09 Regular Member

Student
    1. Wan Kee - shop 53
    G/F 53 Fa Yuen Street, Mongkok
    - the badminton stuff is located at the back of the store. I say it has the cheapest prices out of all the other stores, but they only have a small selection.

2. Rose sports is down the street from Wan Kee

3. Racket Shop
    1/F 102A Fa Yuen Street, Mongkok

- this store will have a giant Victor advertisement of the Brave Sword above the entrance. The victor stuff here is cheaper than other stores i believe, well the brave swords were.

5. There is this other store on the 1/F. You'll know the store when you see a Yonex sign hanging out.

6. Giga Sports at Harbor City (I think that's the name of the mall) located in Tsim Sha Tsui

10. dinitial

dinitial Regular Member

11. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
    ooo very useful information. will be going to hk this october.. will make sure pop by into one of them ... just to make sure, anyone have any experience with the stores eg: legit etc
    thanks

12. dinitial

dinitial Regular Member

Many shops in HK are in buildings (1st or 2nd floor). They are not at street level. You should look at advertisement on the outside of buildings. You will often see something with Yonex logo or colour.

13. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
    thanks mate, just double checking as hadnt been looking for badminton equipment before. being in buildings and not street will make it 100 times easier.

14. hipposports

hipposports New Member

there are new badminton pro shop open in TST area. Hippo Sports, address: 1/F, No.53 Hankow Road, Tsim Sha Tsui,Kowloon. Including brand of Yonex, Lining, Victor....
    Welcome~