Playing Badminton ~ Every Day :O

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by DipzZY, Aug 21, 2009.

1. DipzZY

DipzZY New Member

Student
    Ok I MA 17 Years old And I Already Have Some Pain in My Shoulder Cuff ... Umm

I Play Badminton Every Day Except Sundays !

Umm I Play Real Hard And I Wanna Know If The Daily Routine Is Ok Or Not ..

I Have See People Saying that They Play Twice A Week And 3 Times A Week .... So I Was Just Concerned That Is It Of if I Play Everyday .... Does It Have Any Effects?

Thank You in Advance ,

Deepak Singh ~ INDIA

2. canti

canti Regular Member

Student
    should have at least 2 rest days I play 5 times a week for 3-5 hours.

The shoulder cuff... haha i had the same thing XD but you need to stop playing for a few months... sorry man i had the shoulder cuff pain i kept on playing for another 3 months because i wanted to finish my season. I rested for 2 weeks came back didnt hurt for awhile then it came back. Rested 3 weeks came back hurts... Finally went to my doctor. No playing for 2 months and take ibuprofen T___T.

#2 canti, Aug 21, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2009
  3. DipzZY

DipzZY New Member

Student
    Hmm But Just Been To The Doc On The Way To My Badminton Place .. He Sed Its Just Muscle Pain !

Nothing Else

And Today .. I Was Playing And Didnt Even Feel A Thing

Amd Now i Think My Smashes Are Being Improved :

Lmao

Thanks CANTI For Your Reply !

4. CHOcobo

CHOcobo Regular Member

pay off school
    you shouldn't play too hard. you may not feel it now but all those small impact towards your joints may provoke your authorities in later years.

3-5 hours a day for 6 days is almost like practicing to become pro. haha. i wish i had the time for that. pros at their earlier age plays way more than 5 hours a day for practice.

5. canti

canti Regular Member

Student
    I wish i could go pro T___T but i dont get proper training just match after match I get experience but no drilling in.

6. DipzZY

DipzZY New Member

Student

Well I Knwo This For A Fact That I Have Been Playing Badminton From The Age Of 6 And I Am 17 Now .. ......

Well I Dont Have That Hard Hard Pain But Sometimes Muscles Pain But Thats Normal Now ..

I Play From 4:30 IST To 8 IST

And That Is Ok Ok For Me !

I Think I AM Becoming Good At Badminton As I Do Have Alot Of Things That Come My Way Everyday !

Today i Just Did A Fake Smash Drop....

Lol That Person Was Stung By That

Hahahhahahahah

Anyway Thanks For The Comment(s)

7. Amin Khalili

Amin Khalili Regular Member

Student
    I realise that when I sick , then when recorver start playing . But my power/fitness are not as good as always , week more 3-4 days , my performance is back little and little . But then I realize since that day , my performance is better!

8. bradmyster

bradmyster Regular Member

Customer server network Support
    its hard to reply to your posts because in one sentance you say you are having pain and the next sentance you say the pain doesn't exist anymore???

lol i train gym 4 days a week and badminton 5 days a week. You just need to eat properly and get adequate rest for muscle recovery. Sometimes if i play and train really hard 1 week the next week i might need 1 extra day of rest due to muscle soreness.

If you feel the pain take a few days off. Otherwise you will do serious damage. Even if you think you wont. It will happen.

9. canti

canti Regular Member

Student
    cause he said he went to the doctor alittle while after his first post?

10. bradmyster

bradmyster Regular Member

Customer server network Support
    according to his post the doctor said it was muscle pain. Didnt refer to any treatment or any reason as to why all of a sudden the pain is gone.

11. GameGod

GameGod Regular Member

None
    I am considerably younger than you (13 years versus 17 years) and am also Indian, and I also play every day. I play at a club that is highly competitive and has made significant impacts on my ability to play in the time I've been there (which has been 7 years now). Aside from being competitive, the coaches also demand extremely hard work. Long hours of extremely strenuous play are required. I attend the club for 5 hours a day (4:00 PM to 9:00 PM). Aside from playing for a very long time, and putting all of our energy into every single point, we also have to:

• Practice many skills drills, net skills, and shot skills
    • Practice our footwork
    • Practice our movement speeds for the legs, our speeds for the racquets, our hand-eye coordination (and our "leg-eye" coordination) and our reflex speeds
    • Practice our strength for each shot.
    • Practice our aim, accuracy and timing for each shot.
    • Practice our tactical skills and anticipating each shot.
    • Practice our deceptive skills.
    • And finally, watch and analyse a small video of professionals.
    The above takes about 2:30 hours. For the remaining 2:30 hours, we practice with the coaches and then with each other.

The only effect that I have ever felt from my club is that I improve signficantly every week (or every 3 or 4 days, to be exact!). Although I have got injured a couple of times, those are all part and parcel of the baggage of improving in Badminton, in my opinion. I don't think playing every day should be overstressing you, regardless of how hard you play, unless you play all day, or something like that. However, this might differ between any two people.

But, if you are feeling some pain which is not going away, I recommend you miss your next session and see the Doctor. Tell him that you play Badminton hard and frequently.

Note: I do know some people at my club who have already decided with certainty to at least attempt to become professionals. They are truly outstanding players. They seem able to play or practice Badminton all day long, which they do, although they take a break and play recreationally with everyone else on Saturdays and Sundays. One of these people are only 7 (!), and if they can take it, I'm sure you can!

#11 GameGod, Aug 25, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2009
  12. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    10,000 hours.... outliers... mmm

13. 16FeathRPassioN

16FeathRPassioN Regular Member

Student
    Playing everyday doesn't effect ,unless u take proper rest i.e Sleeping early not staying up too long ,n geting up early cuz sleeping for longer hours effect in the way that u feel lazy n drowsy all the day.I play everyday for about 2-3 hours which includes Physical training ,court endurance ,shots skill endurance,footwork ,singles and doubles,some times 2 Vs 1s.But we take proper rest n we don't play sundays cuz its our resting n fun day/
    cheers,