Please comment on string job

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Blitzzards, Aug 22, 2009.

1. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

Hi guys, can you please comment on the string job on my racquet as shown in the pictures?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. noppy

noppy Regular Member

student
    Just loads of miss weaves one is fair enough but that many ive only been stringing 6 months and never done this either they need glasses/dont know how to string properly or did it way to quickly

3. Blitzzards

The most important thing to me is that will this cause my racquet frame to implode (no joke!) if I hit the birdie hard or will the strings break faster than usual? Should I get it restrung?

4. Blitzzards

This is not supposed to be a funny thread, please help!

5. noppy

noppy Regular Member

student
    i wouldnt think it would make any difference structurally but with that many if you hit there it will certainly increase the chance of a breakage, upto you if you wanna get it restrung but how often do you hit with that part fo the racket

6. Blitzzards

The last picture is actually near the middle of the string bed. I think I will need to have a good talk with the stringer and convince him the job he did was really that bad; I've sent him an email with the pictures attached for starters. Should I consider this place again if they don't take responsibility for this mishap?

7. noppy

noppy Regular Member

student
    I dunno if its and honest mistake and they redo it for free then yes i would return but if they want to charge you, i wouldnt return at all.
    I string for friends mainly but if i made one misweave i would take it too them ask them if they mind if they hesitate i would restring for free no point in an un happy customer.

i think once they see the pics they will restring for free

8. Kiloo

Kiloo Regular Member

Engineer
    I say give him the benefit of doubt for this 1st (if it is a 1st:rolleyes:). Try to ask for a re-string or play with it if u r only a social player it won't make a lot of a difference and NO yr racket will not implode if the tensions are correct on all the strings alike. But the stringer who respects himself does NOT deliver this sort of job, no unless he told u about it and u accepted.:(

9. petert1401

petert1401 Regular Member

If I've misweaved a stringjob on a customers racquet I'll restring it no questions asked - and if I notice it first (and only once I haven't) I'll strip it out & do it again anyway.

Whether its near the middle of the stringbed or not, if they take any pride in their work they'll do it again, properly.

10. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

1 thing. Make sure you show the stringer and point out the miss weave first. Then make sure he/she cut both main and cross. Some lazy stringer will just mount and cut the cross. This is bad for the frame.

11. dunmaster

dunmaster Regular Member

show the racket or pictures to the stringer, and ask the stringer to do it for free! If he / she refuses to do it for free, go to another stringer!

personally, I think stringers are people who take high pride about their work. it's sportsmanship + friendship, and should treat anyone's racket as their own.

this kind of weaving result should NOT be accepted by any player!

If I notice it before the player, I will redo the whole thing, BOTH main and CROSS. IF I missed it after the fact, I will leave that to the player, redo it right away, or until this one is broken, and then do it for FREE.

of course, if the tension is right, I don't think this will cause the racket to implode or such.