$5 Badminton Doubles Tournament @ Santa Teresa

Discussion in 'USA West' started by sjsharks429, Aug 23, 2009.

1. sjsharks429

sjsharks429 Regular Member

Hello Everyone,

Santa Teresa High School is hosting a Badminton Doubles Tournament for EVERYONE OF ALL AGES!!! This is NOT a high school tournament.

And, ITS ONLY $5 PER EVENT!!!

This is a doubles tournament (mens, womens, AND MIXED!!!)
    for only C and D Level players. I guarantee that no one will find a tournament this cheap ANYWHERE =)

Again, I invite everyone of all ages who are C and D level players to sign up and have a good time. In addition, just because the events are only $5, we will have a lot of features not normal to a badminton tournament:

a. We will have scorekeepers on the courts to give players the feel that they are playing a huge sporting event.
    b. Draws will be posted on giant poster boards. In addition, if you win 1st place, you get to keep the poster boards =)
    c. You will get a response right away on whether or not you are in the tournament, wait-list, etc... No more waiting til the day before a tournament to find out if you are going to play or not!

As for me, Mike Do, the tournament director, I have alot of experience running tournaments. I have ran or help run the MHAL Badminton tournament for four years, I made the tournament boards for MHAL for four years and CCS for the past two years.

So, if you are afraid that since this is such a cheap tournament and that it won't be running smoothly, I promise you that my team and I running this tournament will be working are very best so that everyone has a great experience at Santa Teresa.

I hope to see a lot of you on Saturday, September 19, and I thank you for helping out the 2010 Santa Teresa Saints Badminton Team.

Mike Do
    Tournament Director / Santa Teresa Badminton Coach

-----

Date & Location: Saturday, September 19, 2009, Santa Teresa High School’s Large Gym
    6150 Snell Road, San Jose, CA, 95123

Events: C & D Men, Women and Mixed Doubles; Women Doubles capped at 16 entries; all others at 32.

Conditions: -All events, with the exception of consolation, will use the BWF rally point scoring to 21x3 system.
    -All consolation games are 1 game to 21.
    -We will be using feather shuttlecocks in this tournament. WE WILL NOT PROVIDE ANY SHUTTLECOCKS IN THIS TOURNAMENT. YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN!
    -10 minute rule will be strictly enforced; warm-up limited to 3 minutes.
    -If you place 1st or 2nd in the D flight in an event and make it to quarters in the C flight for the same event, you will automatically be disqualified for the C flight. LETS BE FAIR!!!

Entries: $5 per event (CASH ONLY). Please pay at the tournament. Entries will be entered on a first come, first serve basis. Women Doubles capped at 16 entries; all others at 32. You MUST have the same partner if you sign up for C & D for the same event.

Deadline: Entries must be received by Wednesday, September 9th @ 8 PM. There is a $5 late fee for entries received after this date. Late entries are not guaranteed a place on the draw.

Prizes: Awards will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, and Consolation winner for each individual event.

Times: Warmups start from 7:00AM-7:45AM.
    We do not have times set yet. However, it is very likely that D events will start at 8AM. We will have a better idea of the start times after Wednesday, September 9th.

T-Shirts: $8 for tournament shirt; $6 if you sign up for 2 or more events. Shirts are first come, first serve. If we run out, we run out. Sorry =(

Tournament Director: Mike Do

To sign up: E-mail your entries or any questions you may have to mikedo@hotmail.com. Please include the following info:
    Name, Gender, E-Mail Address, Phone #, events/partner name for each event, high school name (so that we ensure you will not play your high schoolmate in the 1st round), badminton background (so that we can make the tournament fair and maybe seed you) and if you are going to buy a T-Shirt and what your T-Shirt Size is(only if you are ordering a t-shirt)(S-XL only).

faceboook link:http://www.facebook.com/event.php?ei...3038341&ref=ts

2. bad4life

bad4life Regular Member

courts?

How many courts does the gym have?

3. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    my drop ins are $8 -$15/visit

4. sjsharks429

bad4life - We have 8 courts in our gym. Santa Teresa currently plays in the Mount Hamilton division (MHAL), which is top league of Blossom Valley Athletic League. In MHAL, we send our top 3 from each event (doubles, singles, and mix) to compete in CCS.

This past season, Santa Teresa hosted the Semi-finals and Finals for the MHAL.

cooler - I'm a little confused on your post. Maybe you posted on the wrong thread or something.

5. sjsharks429

Hello Everyone,

Unfortunately, we will have to move our tournament to the following Saturday, September 26.

Could you e-mail me (mikedo@hotmail.com) if you have already signed up and iif you still want to be in the tournament, even with the date change, or you would like to withdraw from tournament.

Again, I am terribly sorry for the inconvenience. In hopes of making things up, tournament t-shirts will be sold for $5 each (originally $6 if you sign up for 2 or more events and $8 if you didn't). If you would like to buy a t-shirt, please e-mail me your shirt size (S-XL only).

I still hope that you are able to join us in our tournament and help make this a great tournament for everyone.

Mike Do
    Santa Teresa Badminton

6. Jing09

Jing09 Regular Member

Student
    oh wow can't believe you spreading the word on BC. Already spreading on Facebook lol

7. Joseph

Joseph Regular Member

Anyone from here going to be playing?

8. canti

canti Regular Member

Student
    trying to get a partner right now XD

9. ieatpasta

ieatpasta Regular Member

I need a partner. My partner cant make it anymore, we are already signed up for C and D mens doubles

10. ieatpasta

ieatpasta Regular Member

Got one...............

11. illusionistpro

illusionistpro Regular Member

and its me! Im also selling Dinkalots Panda Power Trinity still, so if you're interested in trying one out, let me know ill be packing a big bag for the tournament.

12. Jing09

Jing09 Regular Member

Student
    lol i would like to see the panda power in person, but i won't buy :p

13. canti

canti Regular Member

Student
    see you at the tournament man

14. illusionistpro

illusionistpro Regular Member

ill make sure i have a few strung and gripped. demo all you like, purchase not required :p:D just another fella here to have fun, email me for my phone number so we can meet up.

15. ncloud

ncloud Regular Member

Doh, I didn't realize about that the time was moved to the 26th till now. I couldn't make it on the 19th but 26th would have been perfect. I saw on FB that all the slots are full. Oh well, when are you guys holding the next one :D

16. arturosauce

arturosauce Regular Member

results?

15char

17. Milkk

Milkk Regular Member

I wanted to go to that. D: Unfortunately I found out way too late, plus my doubles partner was busy. Next time. :)

18. Lithium381

Lithium381 Regular Member

Retail Employee
    H

How do i get on the mailing list for the next one? I'm a bit late getting in this one! Didn't know there were so many of us here living in eachothers backyards! Back in college i used to work in the Starbucks across the street from the high school.