really old carlton - muscle power frame??

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Bob, Feb 25, 2001.

1. Bob

Bob Guest

i was cleaning up the basement a couple days back, and i recovered a really old carlton, about 10 something years back, really heavy. i'd say about 130 or so grams. i don't know if anyone here might recognize it though - CR 520
    but looking at the frame, it looks really similar to the muscle frame of YY!
    does anyone know if YY actually invented muscle frame or did they just copy the idea after someone else's exclusive patent expired?

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    this is just a guess but if carlton had something similar earlier and didnt patented it, anyone can use it and patent it, or it could be more than 18 years ago, not 10.

3. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    Aluminium frame ? I had one Carlton in the past (over 10 years) and the frame also looked like Muscle Power frame, but it is not durable (I crashed the frame of that racquet after a hard smash).

4. Bob

Bob Guest

well, not sure if its aluminum or steel. but i'm betting on steel shaft, aluminum head.
    they're not durable? i tried the racket yesterday. my freind's little sister picked up the racket, and accidentally clashed with his racket. one of the black knight M series. while the collision wasn't that great, it still tore off the the paint like layer, and a couple layers of grey colored stuff. i'm betting thats the carbon graphite. the carlton didn't suffer even a scratch. even the shiny sparkley part of the paint wasn't even marred. i figured if only rackets nowadays made a paint job that reliable.

but back to the MP-like frame. do you think it WAS actually intended? or just incidentally similar appearance?

5. holst

holst Guest

i believe the blacken was annodized, not painted. it will only get scratched off, but never crack. unfortunately this procedure can't apply to carbon fiber..