morten frost racket

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by cooler, Feb 25, 2001.

1. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    someone here and one friend of mine have mentioned the 'new' morten frost racket. I have seen one yet. Does anyone else here?

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

correction: I have NOT seen one yet.

3. Viktor

Viktor Guest

I'm not sure if it's a Morten racket but my coach has a catalog for a new badminton company thats based out of Chicago. I will find out more information from him tomorrow about this new racket company.

4. AF

AF Guest

Yes, there is a Morten Frost Racquet. Forza makes it.

Check it out at:

http://www.forzacanada.com/

AF

5. cooler

cooler Regular Member

thanks for the line AF. It look like morten frost racket is part of forza product line

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

OT

thanks for the link, not line. It's 3:29 am, i think i'll better get some shut eye

7. Brett

Brett Regular Member

What an useless website - they describe every one of their racquets as being so superb that Forza practically guarantees that their racquets will launch you on your way to an olympic medal, without any practical description such as flex, weight, etc...Website took minutes to download, also.

Why can't any racquet manufacturer put out a website that is currently updated, contains useful information and downloads at a reasonable speed?

8. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    I agree with this whole-heartedly. Why even have a web site if it's not up to date?

Anyway, don't bash Forza. The site isn't actually an official Forza site, it's put up by Prizm Sports. They distribute Forza in Canada. I don't think Forza has an official web site, but I think they will soon. Apparently, they're planning on taking market shares from Yonex in Europe this autumn. They're already the best selling brand in Denmark -- bigger than Yonex!

9. Pete

Pete Guest

Brett & Mag & Coolers & AF,

Yes, prizm sports is only a distributor for Forza badminton racquets in North America. The owner is Darryl Yung, former Canadian Number 1. The guy injured his back early last year and was out of action until recently. I think he designed the website and did a pretty bad job of it - lack of info & slow loading.

Mag - have you used Forza badminton racquets? How do they compare to Yonex and Carlton in terms of quality, price and performance? Where are they made? I am a particular fan of Carlton racquets but really want to know more about Forza products.

BTW, you can find a picture of Darryl at www.badminton.ca and look under player profiles.

10. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    How do you get into http://www.forzacanada.com/? How do you see the racket catalog?

11. Pete

Pete Guest

Hi Byro-Nenium,

You just have to click on the PLACE YOU ORDER and once you pass through the security warning and so on, you will end up at the product price list. From here on click on the particular product that you want to know more detail about. For example, if you wish to know more about the Morten Frost Special, click on productid 1003. Hope this helps!

12. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    Just a word of warning...
    I got a virus alert while entering this site earlier today... so I'd suggest you guys check your computer thoroughly to make sure nothing is wrong.
    Happy Smashing!

13. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    No, I haven't really played with Forza. I've just tried a couple of shots with a sponsored friend's racquet. He switched from Yonex to Forza recently and seems very satisfied. As I said earlier, Forza are recruiting new players here daily it seems...

Although I am too a die-hard Carlton fan, I must admit I am somewhat attracted to the Forza line. They have sleek products, they look very well made, and players that use them seem very happy. And, for us "normal" consumers who actually have to pay for our racquets, the price is very reasonable too. I have the Forza 2000 catalogue. If you're REALLY interested I guess I could compile some more info for you.

14. cooler

cooler Regular Member

In my city, junior players that i have been talking to said that forza is pushing lots of visibility in the junior level players and program, providing demos, clinics, and reduce price for the kids.

15. pete

pete Guest

Hi Mag,

Please compile the infor on Forza products for me. Thanks in advance!

Pete