Seeking advice on new racquet

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by ladyhawk, Aug 26, 2009.

1. ladyhawk

ladyhawk New Member

Hello,

I recently decided to get back into badminton after a several year hiatus. I played badminton in high school, but stopped in college and am now looking to pick it up again. I feel totally overwhelmed by the options available as far as racquets go, and was hoping I could get some help!

I would not say I am a true beginner, but I'm definitely not advanced (especially given that I'm pretty rusty...) and overall I'm a pretty casual player. This may change in the future, but for now grad school comes first :)

I prefer a light racquet and am looking for something somewhat balanced in terms of power vs control. As I said before, it's been a while, and I sort of need to relearn my play style.

I am not willing to spend a lot of money on this first racquet. I would say that $130US is probably my limit. Ideally this racquet would be fairly durable.

I hope this is enough info...if I've forgotten anything important, please let me know and I'd be happy to supply any needed info. I appreciate any suggestions!

2. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

a) Welcome to BCBF.
    b) May I ask what brand and model of racquet were you using in HS and what you like and don't like about it?
    I understand you are looking for some thing in all around racquet with even balance. I can will suggest the following racquet.
    1) YY NS4500. it is a slight head light racquet with medium stiff shaft. Very user friendly.
    2) YY NS800. If is a even balanced racquet with stiff shaft. A very good budget all around racquet and give you little extra power on clear and smash.
    3) YY AT70mg. It is a head heavy racquet but pack a lot of punch. Not as good for defense as it is slower to get back to block a shot. It has one of the biggest head size of all Yonex racquets. User friendly and easy to hit.

I will suggest you to use you good look and ask the other player in the club if you can borrow and try out some of their racquits. That will help you to decid what type of racquet you should get.

Good luck and welcome back to badminton world.