User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Li Ning vs Yonex

Do you think Li Ning will ever match Yonex? Yonex has a long badminton history

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definately. It will just take some time before Li Ning has fully extended to its target market.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yep, Li Ning is growing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by random.badmin1 View Post
    Do you think Li Ning will ever match Yonex? Yonex has a long badminton history
    Never say never.

As the DJ of BBC World News has mentioned, there are 300 million Chinese in China learning English. If BBC World News failed to influence them in the way they speak, the China Chinese will eventually change the way English is spoken.

Similarly, consider the number of players in China playing badminton and using Li-Ning. If Li-Ning get the quality and price variables of the racket right on track, Yonex will start to sweat....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HKChua View Post
    Never say never.
    Never. [15 char.]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HKChua View Post
    Never say never.

As the DJ of BBC World News has mentioned, there are 300 million Chinese in China learning English. If BBC World News failed to influence them in the way they speak, the China Chinese will eventually change the way English is spoken.

Similarly, consider the number of players in China playing badminton and using Li-Ning. If Li-Ning get the quality and price variables of the racket right on track, Yonex will start to sweat....
    I think that the Li Ning rackets (which as I understand it, are nothing more than Kason) with a super high price, would be out of the reach of the vast majority of Chinese...
    I know they are out of our market range here in Vietnam...

I like the competition with Yonex but am afraid they are the same as Yonex in that they spend all this money on players sponsorship and little of it on the development of rackets...
    How much profit from how many thousands of rackets sales does it take to sponsor just one player in the top 10....???

I think the sponsorship should be limited and the prize money increased...this would level the sponsorship field and players would choose their sponsorship based on the racket rather than on the money incentive...

If all manufactures paid in to a central fund for prize money for Tournaments it might promote badminton better...

I dont like the way it is being done now because I can not sponsor even the young players in HCM because they are tied up with Yonex...incentives galore are paid to tie this up...

I know that in the real world things are not equal and that my level playing field will not happen...such is life...

All we can do is try to promote badminton the best way we can and hope for the best...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will be going tp HK next month. im so tempted to try li ning, but am worried that its hype. Anyone know if HK have a shop selling li ning products?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you guys read the reviews of LN rackets, their high end rackets seems to be better than Yonex but than, is it worth it to spend X amount to gain Y amount of performance one has to ask... I prefer my N70 over my ARC10 but the N70 cost more than the ARC10... Actually there are many rich Chinese ppl in China, while the % might be small, one has to also factor in the large population...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All we can do is try to promote badminton the best way we can and hope for the best...
    Sustainability is the word...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonvan View Post
    ...one has to also factor in the large population...
    Agreed.

... China has 7 million abortions each year...

... China produces 1 million Master Degree holders each year...

Scarely if you pursue further...
    Last edited by HKChua; 08-27-2009 at 02:06 AM. Reason: typo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Karakalkat View Post
    I think that the Li Ning rackets (which as I understand it, are nothing more than Kason) with a super high price
    That's like saying Bugatti and Lambos are nothing more than volkswagens with super high price tags.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AurorAX View Post
    That's like saying Bugatti and Lambos are nothing more than volkswagens with super high price tags.
    What new technology is Li Ning using??? None that I know of....There is only so much you can do making rackets...the quality of the carbon is the main thing...plus the design of the frame and shaft...What do they have that is different...??
    I am curious....Did they change the frames of the Kason...Not that I can see...At least with a Lambo you can see the difference...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You just need to try the racket... I took a chance and ordered it and love it... Thinking of ordering a N90 or N55 to try now... But I'm going on vacation to HK at the end of the year so maybe I should wait and buy it later to save on shipping

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yonex is the major sponsor in badminton. I use to play in the 70's and 80's. Yonex is the brand that made badminton possible. In Portugal there is no Li-Ning stuff. But we have to see about that. All brands only copy and paste Yonex.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pjcorreia View Post
    Yonex is the major sponsor in badminton. I use to play in the 70's and 80's. Yonex is the brand that made badminton possible. In Portugal there is no Li-Ning stuff. But we have to see about that. All brands only copy and paste Yonex.
    i think we are now starting to see...that this is no longer the case. With Yonex no longer sponsoring the strongest national team in the world (China), it would be safe to say that this could be the turning point of something great. aside from Li Ning stepping in as such a powerhouse, you also have brands that were once completely monopolized by yonex now starting to pick up a bigger market share, such as Victor. and the beauty of it is that these brands are NOT imitation yonexes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SilverDJ View Post
    i think we are now starting to see...that this is no longer the case. With Yonex no longer sponsoring the strongest national team in the world (China), it would be safe to say that this could be the turning point of something great. aside from Li Ning stepping in as such a powerhouse, you also have brands that were once completely monopolized by yonex now starting to pick up a bigger market share, such as Victor. and the beauty of it is that these brands are NOT imitation yonexes.
    I agree....I love the added competition of Li Ning but think they are just trying to BUY their way into the big time without doing the real work...
    There is NOTHING different with their rackets except graphics....

Sotx on the other hand has developed 2 new frames designs and they are using new ideas on a number of their models....
    The SSW is one of the most advanced rackets I have seen...and the CP series is Patented....

All of us owe a lot to Yonex for their work in the past....but they have been rewarded already and it is time for others to step up...

In the world of sponsorship there is no loyalty...just who has the most money...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope that the future of Yonex is not the same as ProKennex (1980's was a USA brand made in japan). In the early 80's this brand create the racquet of «one piece» graphite. Producing for all major brands. But today - nothing.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast