Help Please!?!?!: Victor Rackets

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by 241n00b, Aug 27, 2009.

1. 241n00b

241n00b Regular Member

Hi everyone, thanks a lot for reading my post and hopefully you can all help me out. OK so first here is my story, i love badminton and i play 4 times a week when i can. I also participate in all the provincial tournaments and i play all 3 events, MS, MD and XD....i had most recently been playing with the Arcsaber 10. However i have since clashed and broken 2 out of 3 of them :'(....so now i am interested in getting 3 new rackets, and since Li-Ning is out of my price range that is out. What i'm really interested in are the new victor rackets (partly because my favorite badminton team/players are from the Korean National team, seriously who can dislike LYD? haha) but i've never played with a victor racket. So i was looking for some guidance, i'm interested in perhaps the BS 09 (LYD's racket :p) or BS 10 or BS 11, or SW 35 or SW 36, but i pretty much would like the best for me. So about my game: i like to play a really fast pace, and i like to be attacking a lot. Whenever i play doubles (mens or mixed) my aim is to control the net, and i therefore hit a lot of drives and smashes, and in singles i like to do a lot of attacking as well with fast drops, push clears, and smashes. So pretty much i like to be on the offensive. Sorry for the long post, but any suggestions and recommendations would be AWESOME. THANK YOU EVERYONE :D

2. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

try the bravesowrd 09;):cool:
    wow, u hit and clashed 2 out of 3 arc saber 10 rackets?:eek:

3. 241n00b

241n00b Regular Member

yah well i personally clashed one and it cracked, and my friend borrowed one and clased and it completely snaped of haha.....bad luck, but yah now i have to find new rackets :S

4. SilverDJ

SilverDJ Regular Member

Consultant
    i use the bs 09, and for your playing style that you described, i would say that it is an extremely adequate racket for your type of play. the bs 09 feels SOLID (moreso than the yonex rackets that i've owned), and the weight distribution and aero-frame just *cut* through the air, kind of like a sword :rolleyes::D

5. krisss

krisss Regular Member

Well to be honest , If you have broken two arcsaber's. Then I would suggest looking towards other brands that arn't as expensive.

Perhaps towards , Apacs. You can buy a stiff/head heavy racket for half the price?

I wouldn't suggest buying a racket , just because LYD has one?

6. SilverDJ

SilverDJ Regular Member

Consultant
    victor is a less expensive brand than yonex.

7. PapA_xlonG

PapA_xlonG Regular Member

Student
    Hi all, sry for posting my question here, but i have same queries about Victor rackets.

I like Ti10 3rd generation a lot, but i found its head is a bit light to having a great smash on rear court. And i feel maybe i am more suitable to use Ti10 2nd generation, but i nvr use Ti10 2nd generation before and it is hard to find it now.

May i know which Victor racket (BS08/09/10/11 or SW35/36) is close to Ti10 2nd generation ?

Thx alot.

8. PapA_xlonG

Student
    May i know which Victor racket is closer to Ti10 2nd generation ?

BS08/09/10/11 or SW35/36 ?

9. limak

limak Regular Member

Try SuperNano 5. Fast and agile racket, reasonably priced.

10. 77suns

77suns Regular Member

-
    Please let us know your opinion when using AS10 and other racket too on its weight, head heaviness, stiffness of shaft, feel of power and which area will like to improve on ease of use etc so we can give u a better recommendation.

Also this post should be posted on the recommendation section instead.

11. Jasonvan

Jasonvan Regular Member

I say try the panda power rackets! Pretty good bang for the buck.... I've used the Arc 10 before, but if you like the feel of the Arc 10 go with the LN N70, I use that over my Arc 10. But if price is an issue than go for the panda power!

12. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    To my opinion, the brave sword 09 is quite close to the ti-10 second generation

13. Big SmAsh

Big SmAsh Regular Member

Yes i used the SW32 (super wave 32) strung at 27-29lbs cant be sure with bg 95 string and i have to say it is one of the most beautiful rackets i have ever tried. it feels so solid and has that heaviness that offensive players look for( well what i look for lol). after using it my wrist hurt a little but i got used to that in 2 days of using i would really suggest this racket to you.

14. Big SmAsh

Big SmAsh Regular Member

sry forgot to say that drives are strong and powerful with out using to much power and smashes are VERY strong. push as well is very good as that is what my coach has us focus on so i got to try that alot with this racket i would highly recommend it

15. Badmintan

Badmintan Regular Member

Yup, I second that.

BS (Brave Sword not Male bovine dropping :D)
    09 for me is better in attack than defense.

The feature I like is the ergonomic butt cap.
    The butt cap helps to comfortably hold the long handle grip for baseline smashes or clears.

16. PapA_xlonG

Student
    Thx to limak, Blurry D and Badmintan. :)
    I have been considering BS09 for long time, and I confirmed I am going to have one :):)

17. PapA_xlonG

Student
    Sry I have one more question.

Isn't it Ti10 2nd generation is stiff shaft racket and BS09 is flexible shaft racket? Why do both of you feel they are alike ?

Thx dude.

18. Badmintan

Badmintan Regular Member

The 'feeling' when smashing/hitting I guess.
    I used YY BG66 @ 25lbs for both.
    Must be the strings :D and not the racquet, there you go.
    [plus I customized the balance point by tying overgrip and cellophane tapes.]

Yup, you are correct for pointing out that,
    Ti-10 2nd gen is rated extra stiff and headlight.
    BS09 is rated medium flex and head heavy balance-.

19. SilverDJ

SilverDJ Regular Member

Consultant
    The BS 09 is not particularly flexy. it's rated medium stiff by victor standards, and i think that compares with pretty-darn-stiff of the yonex rakcets. the BS 09 is a must, but if you get it, don't layer on too much over grip, because that takes away from the true feel, power, and bp of the racket.

20. roy b

roy b Regular Member

Sooo correct !!!! :)

The SW32 is so under-rated. Solid as h@ll , with loads of power, BUT for me it really excells in it's control - touch play and drop shots are so precise, you can 'feel' everything. Yes, it can give give a sore arm (the racket is truely 'stiff') but my 11 year old son can use and loves to use mine ..... and he's becoming a bit of an handful to beat nowadays !!! I've warned him - as soon as he starts beating me, I'm throwing him out of the house :cool:.