0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can anyone compare this to either Lee's or Flying dragon or mandarin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hah, the free snack table was the best thing there. This has to be the most ghetto badminton club out there. When you wait to play outside of the court area, they don't give you comfy chairs, they give you unstable garden chairs and the tables have dollar store cloths on them. Now when we actually get into the court area, it doesn't get better, it gets worse. It is so dark in there it's hard to see. The courts all looked like they were used along with the poles and nets. The courts are "placed" down with ducktape. This place is not safe The poles are wrapped in about a thousand layers of ducktape instead of padding like the other clubs. I would not recommend this club and will probably never go back again.
    Last edited by bluecraze07; 09-20-2009 at 01:49 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by bluecraze07 View Post
    Hah, the free snack table was the best thing there. This has to be the most ghetto badminton club out there. When you wait to play outside of the court area, they don't give you comfy chairs, they give you unstable garden chairs and the tables have dollar store cloths on them. Now when we actually get into the court area, it doesn't get better, it gets worse. It is so dark in there it's hard to see. The courts all looked like they were used along with the poles and nets. The courts are "placed" down with ducktape. This place is not safe The poles are wrapped in about a thousand layers of ducktape instead of padding like the other clubs. I would not recommend this club and will probably never go back again.
    David... I hope you're insured.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The main concerns are the poor lightings and low ceiling.
    It uses fluorescent tubes instead of H.I.D./ high pressure sodium/ vapor metal halide light bulbs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The courts are "placed" down with ducktape. This place is not safe The poles are wrapped in about a thousand layers of ducktape instead of padding like the other clubs. I would not recommend this club and will probably never go back again.
    I suspect the duct tape is a temporary thing because I was told at the reception area that they will be cushion underneath the floor. Major gripe is the low ceiling and bad lightning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dropped by yeterday too... bluecraze's post pretty much sums it all up. Maybe when cushioning for the floor is added I might go try it out later... but the ceiling is low though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dropped by yesterday too. I do agree the comments in some extent like the ceiling is a little bit low. I talk to the management. It seems like they are going to do some adjustment on the lighting and padding for the floor. This club is targeting to those budget-minded players and trying to keep the cost down. Maybe this is why they name this club as “Everyday Badminton”. Oh well, you get what you pay for. You don’t expect to fly first class only if you pay for economy. As long as this club can keep the competitive pricing, I am happy.

The club is still new. Give them some time to improve and growth!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I talked with the managers too.

The renovation has not yet been completed.
    New lighting and cushion under the badminton mats are still to be installed.
    I believe the patio chairs and tables in the lounge area will be upgraded too,
    but that would be the least of my concern though:-)

Please give them time to grow and develop.
    After all, it's good news to all baddy players to have more options to chose!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is good they are going to upgrade the lighting and the flooring. However, the ceiling is just too low.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think lighting is the least of their worries.
    their ceiling is just impossible to play with, it's the lowest i've ever seen on a badminton court, it was frustrating to play singles on it.

in terms of the courts, the mats and nets were nice but there was no padding underneath the mats and after playing for an hour my knees started to hurt.

the duct tape, as mentioned in another post, is not too far-fetched because they are trying to prevent people from tripping over. many courts in vancouver have placed duct tape around their courts as well.

what frustrated me the most was that they lied about their 2 week free play. it was only free for 1 hour PROVIDING you join as a member. not a great way to do business

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3