Authentic Korean yonex Polo

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by Tezta.com, Oct 21, 2002.

1. Tezta.com

Tezta.com Regular Member

I stay at home as much as possible
    I have one Yonex polo from a korean national player, not sure who but i recieved it when the IBF did not enforce the player names to be printed on the back of the Polo. The polo is from Yonex Japan, size "L" with "KOREA" printed ont the back above the Yonex YY logo. I have no idea what it is worth so i will sell it to the highest bidder. I am in Hong kong, PM me if interested. Thank you. This is what the Polo looks like.

Attached Files:

2. Tezta.com

Tezta.com Regular Member

And the back.

Attached Files:

3. timeless

timeless Regular Member

Comp. Eng.
    Is there a way of telling whether a shirt was authentically the competition shirt of any nation? I'm not saying yours isn't... just curious whether one could tell or not. Is there any markings or label of authenticity or something? For example, official NHL hockey jerseys, NBA basketball jerseys, baseball jerseys etc, have special labels and are made by a specific manufacturer etc. or something like that. Aren't yonex shirts worn by the pros the same shirts that anyone could buy? And just put their own YY iron-on and whatever name they wish on the back at a local silkscreen shop? If there's no way of telling then just wondering if anyone would pay more money for it than a brand new one they could customize to their liking ;). Or do the international teams get shirts that no one else can purchase, which doesn't seem like the case to me, but I don't own a single Yonex garment so I wouldn't know.

Hope this doesn't open a can of worms... I don't want people to start telling me they have serial numbers, holographic YY silkscreens, and freakin' market designation codes on the labels!!! Last thing I need is to hear that CN designated shirts last longer than SP shirts!! Lemme guess... the colors don't fade as fast, fabric doesn't shrink as much, and they generally fit nicer too! :rolleyes: Geez if Yonex moves their CN/CP/JP/SP/TH/TW/BS sham to any of their other products I'll never buy Yonex again :D *LOL*.

4. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I think the International players get Yonex shirts which are of higher quality. If not mistaken, these are the same ones that are sold in Japan.

Don't know about other countries but a lot of the Yonex T-shirts you find in Sports shops here in HK seem to be of normal quality. i.e. they are still quite wearable but the intensity of colours fades over time with washing.

I think the Japan version T-shirts do not fade so quickly and the material feels better.

5. Tezta.com

Tezta.com Regular Member

Timeless,

Normally the Yonex shirts you are able to purchase around the world are made of either 100% cotton or 70% cotton 30% polyester. The Japan made garments are made from 100% polyester or a combo of different microfilaments. I do suppose one may acquire a Japan Yonex polo from Japan and have whatever country printed on the back.

Just for reference, In america Japan Yonex Polos retail for over $65USD.

6. |R|S

|R|S Regular Member

Student
    yep... i happen to have a few so called JP shirts... even though it's the same design, but the material is much better... a way to recognise these JP shirts is the word "jaspo" on the collar...

and btw, the yellow shirt, isnt it supposed to be the china jersey for the olympics?

7. modious

modious Regular Member

Hi timeless, it's me again. :D

Sad to say, it applies to Yonex Shirts as well!! Japan shirt has the word Jaspo on the collar while normal Yonex shirts just state "Yonex". It also DEFINATELY does not fades as fast and is more comfortable as you have mentioned. :eek: :eek:

I'll take some photos and post it here. BTW, I have a brand new Singapore International Shirt which was bought from a National Player of course.

8. modious

modious Regular Member

A Japan Yonex Shirt.

Pls ignore my feet though!! :eek:

Attached Files:

9. modious

modious Regular Member

The yonex Japan Collar.

Attached Files:

10. modious

modious Regular Member

Normal Yonex shirt Collar

Attached Files:

11. modious

modious Regular Member

12. modious

modious Regular Member

The label inside the Yonex Japan shirt...

Attached Files:

13. modious

modious Regular Member

Japan Yonex Polo from a S'pore National Player

Attached Files:

14. modious

modious Regular Member

Back View....

Attached Files:

15. modious

modious Regular Member

Side View.

Attached Files:

16. modious

modious Regular Member

Sleeve of the polo

Attached Files:

17. modious

modious Regular Member

Sorry for the MANY Pictures....

Anyway there're a few ways to differentiate between a Japan Yonex Shirt and one that isn't.

1. The label on the collar
    2. The label in the shirt
    3. The back of the shirt is slightly longer than the front. (Refer to the side view photo, on normal Yonex shirts... the length of the back and front are equal)

There's one way to differentiate between a International Yonex Japan Polo and a normal Japan Polo.

1. On the LEFT side of the sleeve, there must be a Yonex Logo. Look at the diff between my normal Japan Polo and the S'pore National Japan Polo.

Don't believe? Look at this Picture of Taufik....

http://www.badmintonphoto.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=903

Or look at Nova, it's clearer because you can see both sides of the sleeves....

http://www.badmintonphoto.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=889

#17 modious, Oct 22, 2002
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2002
  18. modious

modious Regular Member

And I did mention abt the Japan Yonex Polo in this thread. :)

19. timeless

timeless Regular Member

Comp. Eng.
    Oh no... my nightmare is a bloody reality!! :eek: :p

So a real Japan polo has a longer back than front... hmm... I've noticed that everyone with a YY polo at the club has a longer back than front. But I don't recall if anyone has a YY on their sleeve or not. I'll take notice of it next time. So from what you're saying, they either sell mostly Japan polos here in Vancouver, Canada or either that everyone at the club is just "elite" *LOL* j/k... I'll check the next time I go.

As far as the whole Japan polo vs regular polo... geezuz H! Why the hell does Yonex do that. It's probably cheaper for them to have different manufacturers, local and out of country, to make their clothing (and racquets?) but if their quality assurance differs so greatly between manufacturers then they should definately do something about it to improve the quality of their out of country products! I'm losing respect for their company and products. Do Yonex polos have any kind of sweat wicking/heat controlling/breathable technology? Kinda of like all the different soccer (football) jerserys did in the latest world cup. They had stuff like an inner layer that wicked sweat away while the outer layer took the sweat from the inner and let it evaporate. Do Yonex polos have anything like that? Just curious because for the money you're paying... $65USD+ for just polyester and/or cotton?! *LOL* For the same price I think I'd rather buy Nike/Adidas/Kappa/etc. that has some "heat/sweat control" technology in it.

20. timeless

timeless Regular Member

Comp. Eng.
    BTW Modious, thanks for posting the pics. Those are nice shirts! :cool: