What is the best racket out of the SOTX woven series?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by shot3gun, Aug 27, 2009.

1. shot3gun

shot3gun Regular Member

what are some good rackets from the SOTX woven series, how do they compare to yonex rackets?

2. delmonk

delmonk Regular Member

software engineer
    I judge rackets by my ability to consistently play tight net shots and backhand clear from baseline to baseline with it.
    Being able to play tight net shots means the racket has good net control.
    Being able to play good backhand clear means the racket has good power.
    Both of these shots are important, the first to steal the offense from the opponent and the second to get yourself out of trouble.
    I have SOTX woven 7, 8, and 9A.

The woven 7 is a heavy racket. I can consistently play good drop and backhand clear with it, but I cannot play tight net shot with it.
    Net shots end up being too high and can be net killed by front opponent. So I have to play lift against drops with it.

The woven 8 is a even balanced, lighter racket. I can play really tight winning net shot with it and my swing is faster so I can drive faster at
    the net. I cannot play backhand clear with this racket so I have to play backhand drop.

The woven 9A is the best of both worlds and is my current racket of choice. It is lightweight and head heavy. It plays almost identical to my late
    Yonex Armor 900T. I can do tight net shot with it and I can backhand clear baseline to baseline consistently.