Shoulder pain

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by srikrishna717, Aug 28, 2009.

1. srikrishna717

srikrishna717 New Member

Software professional
    All,
    I know many related questions have been asked, but wanted to explain a situation i faced. While I tried to play a forehand shot when the cock was tossed to my left hand side, i felt a twist in my right shoulder, and the twist occured to the left and after few seconds it unwound to normal position again. The previous occurance of the similar incidence was about 4 months ago and the pain went away after a rest of 4 days.
    Please advice me on what this could be and what I can do to prevent a re-occurance of this ( some strengthening etc)

2. keith.roche

keith.roche Regular Member

First of all, you have to reach BEHIND the shuttle to hit a forehand, on your left side ( provided you are a right handed player )..
    Make sure you always contact the shuttle above your head, and in front of you towards your racquet hand side....

This could be one reason.

And the next possibility could be, that your SWING is wrong..

Make sure you start your overhead swing from your back, then contact the shuttle at the highest point possible, and follow through the racquet towards the underarm of your non racquet side.

3. srikrishna717

srikrishna717 New Member

Software professional
    Keith, Thanks for your reply. I will try to watch my shots as per your recommendation.
    As regards the injury itself, I assume with a bit of rest I can resume my play and it is not serious .
    Please also suggest if doing weight training along with running/swimming would help prevent such injuries in shoulder region?

4. super daloydoy

super daloydoy Regular Member

nasa loob
    before i did not experience shoulder pain, and now im experiencing after i re string my racket with diff tension..

5. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

Get your racket restrung immediately, at a lower tension. Your current tension is too high for you, and may cause a long-term shoulder injury.

6. victor_83

victor_83 Regular Member

Sales Engineer
    super_daloydoy: I'm currently facing the same problem as your are experiencing. May be our shoulder muscle, and side deltoids are adapting to new tension. I had this same problem before when the second time I increased the tension, after some time then my body went well with it. It is a matter of time our body adjust to a new tension and proper warm-up and stretching.
    Good Luck

7. super64

super64 Regular Member

bag manufacturer, beverage distributions
    shoulder twist

hi srikrishna i had a similar injury before i got it from basketball and it recurred when i played badminton. anyway i suggest always warm up with stretching ur arms and ur palms touching a flat wall surface. 2ndly , rotate forward and backward exercise ur arms stretch out with palms stretched flat out also . this will reduce the injury .

8. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Rub chinese oil, your shoulder will recover!