User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by phaarix View Post
    There used to be this really clumsy guy that played at my club, and he'd literally completely miss about 25% of his overhead shots. So this one time when we were watching at the local tournament, he went for a big smash, totally missed the shuttle, it hit him on the head, he fumbled and dropped his racquet, tripped over it, and then slid and fell over onto his backside . Then my mum laughed so loud I think everyone in the hall could hear it. Had to feel sorry for him! Had to be up there in the most embarrassing moments of his life (and at a tournament too) :P.
    bro,that "clumsy guy" ain't you, is he?

me personoally,the funniest moment i had with badmionton,i'd have to say the first time i staretd playing and i tried to do a flying jumpsamsh only to lose my balance, lost my footing, twisted my ankle and landed very hard on my ash.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then my mum laughed so loud I think everyone in the hall could hear it. Had to feel sorry for him! Had to be up there in the most embarrassing moments of his life (and at a tournament too) :P.
    So it was your mom who laughed? I lost all my self-confidence at that time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kish-mah-ash View Post
    bro,that "clumsy guy" ain't you, is he?

me personoally,the funniest moment i had with badmionton,i'd have to say the first time i staretd playing and i tried to do a flying jumpsamsh only to lose my balance, lost my footing, twisted my ankle and landed very hard on my ash.
    Thankfully no . That's not to say I haven't had my fair share of embarrassing moments (catching the shuttle in my hand when it was about to go out - nerves... what the heck? )! I'm just glad none of them have been quite like that . I guess it's one advantage of not jump smashing too often! He's quite good at tennis though, I guess the timing is why he misses it a lot. Speaking of timing, you should see me try to pull off a tennis smash...

Quote Originally Posted by venkatesh View Post
    So it was your mom who laughed? I lost all my self-confidence at that time.
    Heheh, sorry about that. I would too. She's done it to just about everyone though. She's terrible like that (maybe I should stop bringing her along).
    Last edited by phaarix; 03-04-2010 at 11:31 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There used to be this really clumsy guy that played at my club, and he'd literally completely miss about 25% of his overhead shots. So this one time when we were watching at the local tournament, he went for a big smash, totally missed the shuttle, it hit him on the head, he fumbled and dropped his racquet, tripped over it, and then slid and fell over onto his backside . Then my mum laughed so loud I think everyone in the hall could hear it. Had to feel sorry for him! Had to be up there in the most embarrassing moments of his life (and at a tournament too) :P.

Also we've got this thing going where when someone drops their racquet, everyone else in the hall simultaneously drops their own racquet too (even at a tournament, assuming you're not in the middle of a rally). So it's pretty fun when someone from out of town comes along and isn't expecting it.
    hey, even though i was not there ..but after reading your this post. i can imagine the guy's action and your mom laughing so loud

perhaps i watched too much tv already

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amin Khalili View Post
    I wonder if make joke during big tournament is work and legitimate ...
    My bro always shout as strong as he can before he smashing , more like he saw a cockroach and shock to me ...
    Made my day! I almost died laughing reading this!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Title of this video for me.. DO not ever give up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My funniest moment with badminton when I was 18 playing at a recreational centre that all the kids used to go. I didn't have anything to eat that day so I grabbed a pack of BBQ corn nuts before jumping on the court. While I was playing double standing in front of the net attacking our opponent. I leaped back for a jump smash and I let one big loud rip go off in front of my partner's face while he was standing at the back. The whole gym died laughing while my partner was still on the floor having a heart attack. To this day, we still have a good laugh about it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last Sunday playing doubles I was at the net going for a net kill/smash. Swung too early and the shuttle was falling down. Everyone thought the point would be over. But I manage to recover and do a quick wrist flick to send the shuttle just over the net. My opponents and partner was like...WTF?!?

It was funny seeing their expression.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CanucksDynasty View Post
    Last Sunday playing doubles I was at the net going for a net kill/smash. Swung too early and the shuttle was falling down. Everyone thought the point would be over. But I manage to recover and do a quick wrist flick to send the shuttle just over the net. My opponents and partner was like...WTF?!?

It was funny seeing their expression.
    Nice, have to try this on purpose... Sounds like a nice deception/trick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went for a big, super steep net kill. Racket came around and smacked me right in the upper lip because I had no overgrip yet, just a dry, rather worn-out factory grip. Won the point though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my funny moments:

1. When I succeded doing a "volley block" of a smash near the net. There are many occasions of those weak replys where we (I'm playing doubles) are just hopeless and the opponent is ready for his big smash. I just advance near the net, crouch and hold my racket up. Then he smashed as hard as he could and I do that volley block, making the shuttle returns to his court and gives a point for us.

2. those situations where you force the opponents to run and move desperately:
    a. Moving the rear guy from left to right, while the front guy can only just stand helplessly. It's even funnier if the rear guy is old or fat, I have encountered situations where they just give up and put their hand on their hips to breath.

b. all the opponents are at the back when they give a weak reply and i just do a dropshot, and they desperately run, some even dive to chase the shuttle. More funny if they succeeded to hit the shuttle only for us to smash it hard on their head.

3. Last is the "accidental frame hit". often happens when I want to smash. I do a smash but the shuttle was hit by the frame, making the smash into a dropshot, and it;s funny seeing the opponent surprised and scrambling to chase the shuttle, some even slip and fall.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cant believe no one has mentioned the 'split shorts' shot.

An old guy that plays with us was running back for a lift when he fell back, did a backwards roll and split his shorts, think it was the funniest things I've ever seen never mind on court.

And yes its happened to me which is far less comical

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

During my childhood, I was playing in the field of our church and I fall on the the field due to some mistakes . And every people were laughing , I felt shy , but this was so funny moments in my badminton playing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3