Any Funny moments You had with badminton?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by gamepurpose, Aug 29, 2009.

1. gamepurpose

gamepurpose Regular Member

unemployeed
    For starter:

I played with school's cheap (feel like 5lbs) BK racquet. And I actually able to broke the damn thing without clashing the racquet.

In high school, during practice, one of my friend got smash in the mouth (he was standing outside of the court though) Oh man his mouth was bleeding. I know that was mean but truely if you were there it's funny. I wasn't the one who did the smashing.

And gotta love those frame hitting moment.
    One time, I was returning the serve and I tried to make a drop on the right side of the court, and some how I frame hit the bird and went to the left side. My friend was behind me thought I actually made a deceptive shot on purpose and said nice one. I laughed and said "If I really meant that i'll die right now"

2. dorysan

dorysan Regular Member

in the lest tournament i miss-hit the bird and instead of going back-court it get to the net...was in 19-20 for me

3. trr0086

trr0086 Regular Member

Full time student
    I've been smacked in the face several times playing doubles, which is why i don't anymore.

My favorite is going for a smash, completely the birdie and having it hit me in the face.

My face seems to take the most abuse when i play. lol

4. canti

canti Regular Member

Student
    My friend moved back when i was about to smash once in a game... I hit his head and gave him a concussion.

Heres a video of something retarded that my teammate did during a game. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j07m5MkVoks

5. krisss

krisss Regular Member

Okay , so many stupid things I have done.

These make badminton very fun :).

Hit many people , in the wrong places :eek::p , hit my little brother with my training racket over the should with a full powered smash :eek:.

Lol there was a very funny time , a in a team competition , when a friend of mine - who is also a very high tennis standard player , was playing a doubles match with me. He has got one good smash , and launched it right in the opponents mouth , and it stayed there! For about 5 seconds! All he could do was say sorry , and run over there and pick him up from the floor.

Also many attempted trickshots - which turn out to be amzaing :) , by accident ofcourse :p.

6. BornToPlay

BornToPlay Regular Member

I got smacked in the mouth once, by my own partner! It was kind of funny though, because all I could think of was that I had just cancelled my dentist's appointment. :) But at least I didn't lose any teeth.

7. fitnessguy

fitnessguy Regular Member

Student
    i once played doubles with my regular partner in a tourney. we were winning the match pretty easily, so we decided to do some fun trickshots and so on. suddenly my partner did this wierd shot from mid-court where he flicked his racket between his legs from the front, bent over and hit it above his head, then he made a somersault and hit the return shuttle - and thereby won the point. everyone around us was laughing (including our opponents, and me ofcourse) and he was just standing ready to serve the next shuttle :D

in an other game (in the same turney) i hit my partners head 8 times, just when returning a lost ball to the opponents. when i had done it like 3 or 4 times - we all just started laughing every time it happened. the worst thing is that i did not do it on purpose at all - it was just a lot of mishits, and he was simply standing the wrong places xD

8. 7SamuraiX

7SamuraiX Regular Member

Funniest thing dat happened 2 me while playing badminton:

when i was in junior high school in malaysia
    we had badminton for pe quite often.. wif the very old school racquets
    in one game, shuttle went high and i went to clear it
    As i swung my racquet, the head flew off!!

lucily no1 was injured by da falling racquet head...
    still, i suprise myself wif da power i could generate even wif such crappy tension bck then...

9. TechKXL

TechKXL Regular Member

International Officer
    2 funny moments I remember from my uni playing days.

It was a mixed doubles game, the shuttle was pushed far back onto my court, so I obliged with a jump smash, who knows why my partner was holding her racket so high near the net, but I managed to smash the shuttle it into her racket head, and the shuttle came back to me. :). I can't remember if the racket flew out of her hand from my smash or not though.

My good friend was playing mixed doubles with his gf. I was on the other side. He went for a 1/2 power smash, hit the birdie, and then hit his gf on the back of the head with the frame, albeit with less power.
    His gf's expression was priceless with a 'ooucch' and even better, instead of him showing sympathy for her, he instantly looked at his new racket, to check if there were any scratches on the racket, then he realized what he'd done to her. I wonder what will happen when they get home :).

10. dorysan

dorysan Regular Member

oh!
    once an new guy (from Malaysia. worked in Intel)
    come to play in our club
    and in that day we all played MD
    so he was my partner
    in the first clear of the other players (first point i think) i did 1/2 smash and hit his head with the shuttle... but of curse he is really nice guy so he laugh with us
    till now we are in contact really nice guy!

11. 7SamuraiX

7SamuraiX Regular Member

suprising quite a lot of mishit shuttles going to the head.. =.=
    and for me.. well i think i lost count of the no of times i hit sum1's head, partner or opponent...

12. noobtron

noobtron Regular Member

I was on a badminton court, someone told me a joke, I laughed.

that was a funny moment

13. coachgary

coachgary Regular Member

A player hitting two shuttles at exactly same time, same shot. I fed a shuttle for a high clear and at the exact moment my coaching partner fed the same, both shuttles arrived at the players racket, both cleared past and into the rear tramlines!

14. solar

solar Regular Member

Chemical engineering student
    We had a training outside because there was no wind and a girl from the club hit a clear to another girl. A dragonfly flew straight to a shuttlecock and a girl smashed both shuttlecock and a dragonfly... Poor thing.

15. Amin Khalili

Amin Khalili Regular Member

Student
    I love both of these .
    I think the most funny moment that I had until now is , I lose to my little bro and a girl .What ashamed!!!
    My lil bro , only during training without net , give them chance get point first and then I chase them from back ,unfortunately I loss.
    A girl , ever since I join the team , she look so sad since I break all her record and the crowd are all support me. Then I give her a chance to win a set . So silly but worth since can get her smile back(other smile is when she hit the birdie to my coach butt)

Everytime I in court play with them(the girl and her bro) , they always scare(seem to like one to run) as they want to serve at me . My smash is superb ahahaha!!!!

Nvm , I will get my revenge for the 3rd set of that girl , sure no more mercy:D

16. Randomlegend

Randomlegend Regular Member

School
    A guy a couple of years above me had a bit of a temper when it came to losing. He was knocking up with another guy, playing half-court singles. When he lost he threw the racket and it flew so flat that it skimmed the court and bounced up, went flat into the net and got catapulted back, hitting the girl who was playing on the same side but other half of the court in the throat. That was pretty funny, she was fine btw.

17. chrisnchips

chrisnchips Regular Member

Student
    the feather shuttle got stuck right at the top of the tape after i attempted a tumbling net drop.

... what i don't find too funny.. but then do later... I always find myself getting hit with the shuttle... especially in the spots it hurts most... groin and face......... wth!

18. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    I did a 360 jump before smashing

my partner, & opponents all fell to ground laughing..

it was the softest smash I made but isnt SYTLE more important than substances?

19. Amin Khalili

Amin Khalili Regular Member

Student
    I wonder if make joke during big tournament is work and legitimate ...
    My bro always shout as strong as he can before he smashing , more like he saw a cockroach and shock to me ...

20. Grotius

Grotius Regular Member

One of the guys in a group i play with is really bad tempered, nothing ever pleases him, the shuttles are no good, the opponents are cheating, it's too hot or too cold etc; etc. And he's not as good as he thinks he is.

So one day he's palying with a another friend, a tall guy. At one point the tall guys shouts 'leave it, it's out!'

And it was in.

The bad tempered guy tells him 'Why are you telling me out when it was in!'

The tall guy replied
    'Well, never mind, you probably would have missed it anyway'