found a treasure... kind of

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by maxp74, Aug 31, 2009.

1. maxp74

maxp74 Regular Member

Architect
    A week ago I found a guy who sold his old rackets. Nothing special about that, only this guy used to be a yonex agent 20 years ago. He just happend to have five(5) cab 21 and a blue cab 8 lying around in his wardrobe. It's the original colour cab 21 (three gold and two silver) You'd kill me if I told you what i payd for them. :p

Two of them are 10/10, two 9/10 and one is maby 8/10. The cab 8 is 8-9/10. The state they are in is not because of play abuse, but because they have been laying next to eachother rubbing a bit. No real chipping. There are still plastic on the handles on three of them.

All but two has original strings. Two has natural gut strings! Is it even posible to find natural gut anymore? Tension is a joke, especially the ones with natural gut. The cab 8 is unstrung.

I intend to fix new strings on all of them and use them on a regular basis from now on.

I can post some pictures if someone is interested, but I don't know how to do it.

2. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    before i kill you, pass one Cab21 to me.

snap some photos, reduce them to 640X480, then post(click the clip button) in here.

3. bob_jabba83

bob_jabba83 Regular Member

Lecturer
    Dam Ur racket hardcore Drifit:D

4. maxp74

maxp74 Regular Member

Architect
    Ok, i get the picture posting now. You can't do it in quick reply... :rolleyes:

Pictures will be taken tonight.

To bad i straind my ankel and knee last week. I still can't test them fully :crying: Now there's a lesson to be learnd - Don't do jump smashes if you havn't played for 8 years! It will kill you... or at least your legs. I should have known better :eek: