User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 32
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    B. Panjang (SG) / Malaysia
    Posts
    306
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default S.Arrow Gold Shuttlecock

    Hi, is there anyone try this shuttlecock before? How is the quality and any comments?



    The spec of shuttlecock:
    Material of Feather : Top grade of goose feather shuttlecock
    Cork : 2 layers cork (EVA + natural cork) or 3 layers cork
    Speed : 76 or 77
    Stability : A
    Description : Top grade of north-east goose feather, extremely durable and very consistent in flight, suitable for International Tournament and for Professional players. Approved by BWF
    Similar brand : Yonex 40, Victor Gold Champion or No1, RSL Classic

  2. #2
    Regular Member hola4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    SINGAPORE
    Posts
    871
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I tested S.Arrow Gold 2 months ago. The duribility was about 2 sets of 21points game for intermediate players. The flight speed usually slow down in 2nd set game. The cork used was 2 layer PU and 1 layer natural cork. Overall, I would grade it as above average but not top range shuttlecock.
    Hope this help.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    B. Panjang (SG) / Malaysia
    Posts
    306
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hola4 View Post
    I tested S.Arrow Gold 2 months ago. The duribility was about 2 sets of 21points game for intermediate players. The flight speed usually slow down in 2nd set game. The cork used was 2 layer PU and 1 layer natural cork. Overall, I would grade it as above average but not top range shuttlecock.
    Hope this help.
    Wow.. you so fast hand so leg Consider it is not bad..

    How does it compare with RSL Tourney Classic and Protech PT-10? More durable?

    I got some sample to test it and probably will arrive in this friday..

  4. #4
    Regular Member hola4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    SINGAPORE
    Posts
    871
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Louislkw View Post
    Wow.. you so fast hand so leg Consider it is not bad..

    How does it compare with RSL Tourney Classic and Protech PT-10? More durable?

    I got some sample to test it and probably will arrive in this friday..

    RSL Classic has changed it cork to PU and compress softwood. Thus, I think the flight speed may not be as good as S.Arrow and PT-10. In terms of duribility, I will think PT-10 is slightly better than RSL and S.Arrow.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    B. Panjang (SG) / Malaysia
    Posts
    306
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hola4 View Post
    RSL Classic has changed it cork to PU and compress softwood. Thus, I think the flight speed may not be as good as S.Arrow and PT-10. In terms of duribility, I will think PT-10 is slightly better than RSL and S.Arrow.
    That mean almost on the same par. Wait till try it then know..

    You wanna try the different speed of S.Arrow? Speed 76 and Speed 77? See the difference? FOC.

  6. #6
    Regular Member hola4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    SINGAPORE
    Posts
    871
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Louislkw View Post
    That mean almost on the same par. Wait till try it then know..

    You wanna try the different speed of S.Arrow? Speed 76 and Speed 77? See the difference? FOC.

    Thanks for your offer. I tested both speed and prefer Speed 77. Enjoy your testing.

  7. #7
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default How many of them..

    Quote Originally Posted by Louislkw View Post
    ...The spec of shuttlecock:
    Material of Feather : Top grade of goose feather shuttlecock
    ...
    ...from Gold to Pink, use top grade goose feathers??..Or just the Gold??..how much is the price/tube?..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 09-01-2009 at 04:56 PM.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Davis, CA
    Posts
    1,218
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Also where do you find these?

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Western Singapore
    Posts
    1,494
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You sure are a researcher in the field of shuttlecock.

    So which brand and model is your top range shuttlecock?

    Quote Originally Posted by hola4 View Post
    I tested S.Arrow Gold 2 months ago. The duribility was about 2 sets of 21points game for intermediate players. The flight speed usually slow down in 2nd set game. The cork used was 2 layer PU and 1 layer natural cork. Overall, I would grade it as above average but not top range shuttlecock.
    Hope this help.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    B. Panjang (SG) / Malaysia
    Posts
    306
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ...from Gold to Pink, use top grade goose feathers??..Or just the Gold??..how much is the price/tube?..
    From what the info I have so far, probably will between S$27-S$28, need to wait till next week then know.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Western Singapore
    Posts
    1,494
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Received the shuttlecock from Louislkw and tested it out yesterday. I have to agree with hola4's comment. Generally, each shuttlecock lasted 1.5 sets of mens double for low intermediate players. The speed dropped drastically in the later part of the 2nd set. The stem/bones of the shuttlecock were still holding strong. Thus to say, they were still "good" enough for warm up session and coaching purposes.

    Quote Originally Posted by hola4 View Post
    ... The duribility was about 2 sets of 21points game for intermediate players. The flight speed usually slow down in 2nd set game ...

  12. #12
    Regular Member hola4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    SINGAPORE
    Posts
    871
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tenggk View Post
    You sure are a researcher in the field of shuttlecock.

    So which brand and model is your top range shuttlecock?
    Ha...I have tested a number of shuttlecocks. Personal opinion is that there are no top range shuttlecock. But there are top pricing shuttlecock......
    Most pple in Singapore change a new shuttlecock after 2 set of games ever the birdie feather remain intact and the flight speed has minor changes. Thus, if your group has found a model can last for 2 games, then stay with it until you find a cheaper replacement that can last for 2 games as well. I notice that many brands have replaced thier favourite models with cheaper cork to maximize profit margin (not to mention particular model). Currently, I am hoping to get a tube of RCL titanium from Penang and test it duribilty whether it can last 3-4 games before the flight speed give way. Hopefully my friend is able to get one and I will review my finding.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    B. Panjang (SG) / Malaysia
    Posts
    306
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hola4 View Post
    Ha...I have tested a number of shuttlecocks. Personal opinion is that there are no top range shuttlecock. But there are top pricing shuttlecock......
    It is true and also up to individual preference. Sometime it is hard to pleased everyone with one particular brand.

    What the price come cheap, question mark will be pop up, is it good......

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    B. Panjang (SG) / Malaysia
    Posts
    306
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    There is a review done on this shuttlecock in badminton network item 8 as below link..

    http://www.badminton-network.com/bad...Review/47.html

  15. #15
    Regular Member hola4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    SINGAPORE
    Posts
    871
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Louislkw View Post
    It is true and also up to individual preference. Sometime it is hard to pleased everyone with one particular brand.

    What the price come cheap, question mark will be pop up, is it good......
    In Singapore, many pple went to Malaysia to purchase shutttlecock which is cheaper than Singapore. Of course the performance must be reasonable. With that mean, pple welcome cheaper shuttlecock. If a new brand enter to local market, it take time for pple to know it performance. I remember I first saw Protech PT-10 more than 7 years ago.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Western Singapore
    Posts
    1,494
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's definitely not easy. I have been persuading my friend's group to switch from Victor Green to other brand, which are cheaper and much more durable, but to no avail. They have simply accustomed themselves to this model.

    Quote Originally Posted by Louislkw View Post
    It is true and also up to individual preference. Sometime it is hard to pleased everyone with one particular brand.

    What the price come cheap, question mark will be pop up, is it good......

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,134
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hola4 View Post
    In Singapore, many pple went to Malaysia to purchase shutttlecock which is cheaper than Singapore. Of course the performance must be reasonable. With that mean, pple welcome cheaper shuttlecock.
    just tested some RSL Tourney No.1 shuttles from Singapore and Malaysia. appreciate you have to pay more for the 'Singapore' version but there is a significant difference in quality between the two versions imho

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    : 11-13-2011, 10:43 PM
  2. Space Arrow Brand
    By Wilsono in forum Shuttlecock
    Replies: 1
    : 04-17-2010, 06:41 PM
  3. Best price for Josan Arrow 300 in Australia?
    By joshreg76 in forum Market Place
    Replies: 2
    : 02-22-2006, 11:01 PM
  4. Space Arrow Feathers
    By JChen99 in forum Shuttlecock
    Replies: 3
    : 11-18-2003, 12:24 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •