MP77 SP broke, am going to get either a Sotx 7 or 9 as replacement. Advise needed.

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by JkL1212, Sep 1, 2009.

1. JkL1212

JkL1212 Regular Member

My trusted and loved racket broke last weekend. I have been using my MP77 for the last 7 years. I bought 2 rackets actually, one got stolen years ago and the last one broke last Sunday.

As Yonex is no longer selling the MP77, I want to change brand and go for a Sotx this time round. I heard a lot about Sotx rackets especially the w7, 10i and 9 series.

Would appreciate advice from fellow members here. And where can I buy Sotx rackets in Malaysia? either KL or JB? I went to Pertama Compleks today but cant find any Sotx rackets there.

I play mainly doubles. My game is about power and smashing. I like my previous MP77 a lot as it packs a mean punch especially when it comes to smashes. Some of my frens told me that the w7 is pretty much like the MP77.

Thanks for your help and guiding me. Much appreciated.

2. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    if your mp77 2u or 3u? if you are playing with a 3u mp77, you may find w7 heavier. alternatively you can consider the w7i (2 grams lighter than w7) or the diamond figher series.

3. delmonk

delmonk Regular Member

software engineer
    I used to own a 3U mp77 a long time ago and it broke. I remember reading somewhere that the closest SOTX to the mp77 is the SOTX woven 4/4A but I don't remember exactly where.

But I've switched long ago to lighter rackets like w9A or yonex armortec 900T. I play an all smashing type of game too but I found that I can play far better net shots with lighter rackets.