AT900P Vs MP99

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Heong, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Heong

Heong Regular Member

All racquets have their pros and cons.

So out of these two racquets, AT900P and MP99, how would you guys compare them and which would you prefer if you had an option? :D

AT900P - I think is more powerful, but lacking control.
    MP99 - More all-rounded, not as powerful as AT900P but leans little more on control.

2. gamepurpose

gamepurpose Regular Member

unemployeed
    i hate mp series =), I didn't able to get that much of power from them and for defence wise, I don't really see it's that great. Now i've move to AT series. And no I will not change to nano or arcsabre. I've tried them, not that great. Tried on 9000x, the head feel alittle too light. arcsabre 7 ummm I dont' know can't really feel any power out of it either.

3. singnflip4life

singnflip4life Regular Member

Full Time Med Student
    If I had an option, I'd get the AT900P and sell it :D Then buy the new Zelm coming out.

Though honestly, I don't have the strength to wield the head heavy AT900P for more than an hour, but I can easily last for a full night's session with the MP99 (3-4 hours, plus one or 2 hours earlier in the day)

So right now, I'd go for the MP99 so I can play more. Once I develop a stronger arm, I'd go for the more demanding AT900P. Though to be honest, I think I'm ready to move up from my MP99 (I actually have one ^_^ bg85 @ 24lbs) to the Zelm PP9990.

4. Evan77546

Evan77546 Regular Member

I have a muscle power 99, and i've tried the at900p once..

all i remember was the at900p felt a bit "better" to play with.. :-D

5. TechKXL

TechKXL Regular Member

International Officer
    I have both MP99 (3U) with BG65 @ 24 and AT900P (4U) BG85 @ 24.

Both are great rackets by the way, but it is my opinion that AT900 is marginally better to play with (as least for me, it instills more confidence) when doing my shots. But if you have a long game / rallies MP99 is easier move about for longer.