User Tag List

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Malaysian Retail. How negotiable are prices?

Hey peeps,

Currently in talks with a Malaysian shop who has some goodies I'm interested in.

For one particular racket they came back to me with a price of RM599, which is essentially Yonex-level retail here in Australia - a place not known for it's affordability.

I was wondering, if you were a local, what would you end up paying for a racket that had a sticker price of RM599?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First off, what racket is it?

I don't really know what I'd end up paying for a racket that had a sticker price of RM599, because those stickers on the rackets (more specifically, the racket handle) have outdated prices. Those stickers are mostly used to trick the consumer into thinking that, this racket with the sticker price of RM899 is being sold for RM5XX, making the customer think that it is a very good deal, whereas RM5XX is actually the regular price.

There are a few well known stores who sell their rackets at the best below retail pricing. Some even have Facebook pages, and you can view their prices there and also deal there and get the racket/other stuff shipped to you (in Malaysia).

I can recommend a few good stores for you with the best prices, if you're interested. They're all well known stores that a lot of Malaysians flock to for the best prices.

For RM590 I can get a Voltric Z Force II, with free string and grip. And they'll usually string it for you if you want. I've been to other shops that sell a Z Force II at RM600+ with string and grip. After I told them I can get the same for RM590, they told me they can do RM590--but without string and grip. So it all comes down to which shop you're going.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, that example is for one of the top end 2014 Wilson rackets, so I'm guessing RM599 is wishful thinking.

Wilson is difficult to find almost anywhere, so I was surprised to see it in Malaysia.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rule of thumb....if u are visiting a retail outlet inside a shopping mall, chances are the price listed is mostly non-negotiable.....but if u visiting a retail shop which is standalone along some street, those shops usually are very bargainable and u be quite surprise how much they can deduct from the RRP price listed. Anyway no harm asking the boss/assistant whether is there any further discount from the price listed....they will surely entertain the queries...

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I know they'll negotiate, it's just that I don't know how much, and I can't be bothered playing charades to get the best price.

If I whine enough, what % discount off retail to you think I would expect? 10%? 25%?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    Yeah I know they'll negotiate, it's just that I don't know how much, and I can't be bothered playing charades to get the best price.

If I whine enough, what % discount off retail to you think I would expect? 10%? 25%?
    usually if the racket is myr300 and above, the discount must be up to 25%-35% depend on brand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Ivan,
    Can u recommend some good badminton shop at JB Malaysia. Thanks in advance

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Tamilsindhu,
    You can visit Permai Sport or Honly Trading

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello IvanT. I am planning to visit KL in around 3-4 months. Could u please recommend me some stores where i can get very good deals/prices. I think i'll be staying around bukit bintang. Not confirmed yet.
    Last edited by calyon; 11-25-2014 at 04:29 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone know good badminton shops around bukit bintang where i can get good deals? and not fake rackets?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Guys : Any of you want to go Honly Trading together , going to get Li ning stuff, can pm me!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just got a Nanoray 900 from Honly at RM399 with string(BG66U) and grip. Very good price.