Results 1 to 17 of 27
Thread: Hi From Indonesia!!
09-02-2009, 11:57 AM #1
Hi From Indonesia!!
Hey guys!! It's good to be here.. I've played badminton for almost 10 years, that's since i was in the 5th grade.. hehe.. In Indonesia, badminton is very popular, but not everyone plays badminton.. Recently i started to become active in playing with my colleagues, we all love badminton! my rackets are not the expensive ones, since i'm still a newbie player.. They are:
- Yonex Carbonex 8 *out of service*
- Yonex Titanium Pro501 -BG80- *head broken, welded*
- Hart Defensive Plus -BG60- *handle got separated from the body, glued*
- Hart Infinity -BG66- *good shape*
P.S: i need help to choose a powerful and accurate rackets, the best for strictly under 100bucks
Last edited by Shiroa; 09-02-2009 at 12:00 PM.
09-02-2009, 01:27 PM #2
..to BCDF, Shiroa!..As for your query of rackets cheaper than $100, you can hover on over to the Equipment section. Or even to the Buy & Sell (Marketplace) section to find any good deals. I know there are decent rackets that sell for under $100.
Anyway, keep visiting us & enjoy your time here!
*Btw, i notice you are arek Suroboyo. Where do you usually play in Surabaya??..
Last edited by ctjcad; 09-02-2009 at 01:30 PM.
09-02-2009, 01:39 PM #3
09-02-2009, 01:56 PM #4
- Yeah, go for other brands if you prefer. Have you heard of Astec (Alan-Susy technology) brand?? Of course, by the name it's also an Indonesian made brand and quite cheap. I have one of their rackets.
- How do i know Surabaya??...well, let's just say i've been there a few times. Yes, i know Darmo & Citraland areas. I believe Citraland is a newer community, if not mistaken. Sorry, don't know lontar street & don't know the university. I've played around Darmo once, but in a "reserved" hall (has 2 courts). I've also played another time at a different area, near downtown area (sorry forgot).
09-02-2009, 02:06 PM #5
hahhaa.. what a coincidence.. im just in the middle of browsing and researching on this astec brand.. yup you're right, citraland is a new area, that and the university which has only started 3 years back oh, and which astec racket do you own? im looking for something with power attitude, i heard headheavy rackets are most proper to do the job, is that right?
09-02-2009, 02:12 PM #6
^^Which Astec do i own??..^^
..if i recall (sorry, it's in the bag), i own the StormPro 950..If you check/read the "DinkAlot's Racket Review" thread, he had mentioned/reviewed it. It's pretty light but packs quite a punch; just have to get used to the timing cos of its light weight. Personally, i use that once in a while, since i only have 1; if i break it, then i have no more. And yes, i bought it back in Sby.
Head-heavy is always preferable, esp. if you're a power/smash oriented player. But sometimes, if it's heavy in weight, you might not be able to wield it w/ease. Personally, i prefer something that's moderate, light in weight but is head-heavy at the same time; AT900 Technique range.
Last edited by ctjcad; 09-02-2009 at 02:18 PM.
09-02-2009, 02:25 PM #7
wow, the review is quite something.. what was the price range for that when you got it? i really don't buy brands, and as long as i think and heard that it is good, i'd prefer that even for cheaper ones with acknowledged brand.. i might wanna spell out that name tomorrow cos i'm planning to go the the sports store.. let's see what i think about it, thanks btw, off i go oh and dont hesitate to contact me if you happen to find yourself in Surabaya
09-02-2009, 02:43 PM #8
^^It's a decent brand..^^
- If i recall, i purchased it back in 2007, the last time i visited Sby (also visited M'sia for the 2007 WC). Btw, i think i have the StormPro 850, the same one in the review. The price, i don't quite remember from the top off my head, but i think i purchased it for around $75 (Rp.750,000) incl. string and cloth grip. I bought it at Hartono Sport on i think Sukomanunggal St.??(should be in the Darmo area). He has quite a bit of baddy stuff (i know some are fakes)
There's also a separate Astec thread in this forum if you do a search.
Too bad Astec brand is not really widely sold in Sby.
- Thanks, i will keep you in mind the next time i visit Sby again. Maybe next yr, during my visit to M'sia..
09-03-2009, 07:46 AM #9
went to a sport store in kembang jepun, the only rackets available are toalsons, gosens, rcls and harts, so i didnt buy one, instead i replaced the string on my hart infinite 33 (not infinity, sorry) to gosen biogut bioroots 66 ill try my luck tomorrow and go to sportstore nearby to get either astec 850 or the apacs 9900
09-03-2009, 05:24 PM #10
^^Try this store..^^
..sorry, got another typo for the racket name. It's supposed to be Pro 850, not StormPro 850.
Btw, you can find some infos on where to buy Astec rackets in Sby. Please see thread below starting with post #24. Good luck!:
09-03-2009, 05:30 PM #11
09-03-2009, 05:43 PM #12
^^The only way..^^
..Shiroa is gonna get his hands on those is if the S'pore (PP racket) dealer sends him a racket....or if i bring back several Ultras or Trinities or maybe Revelations model back to INA...
09-03-2009, 07:27 PM #13
hey thx guys actually i contacted this online seller and he offered me an apacs nano power 9900 + yonex bg 85 (strung 30lbs) for less than 50 bucks.. the shop is authorized i guess.. is link sharing allowed?? do check this out then
09-03-2009, 08:05 PM #14
hmm.. i guess my post got deleted.. hahaha.. ok, i need your opinion on apacs nano power 9900 combined with bg85 and strung at 30lbs of tension.. it will costs no more than 50 bucks shipped, the seller is in sumatra, one of indonesia's mainland, hehe.. so should i get it or not? all suggestions are welcome.. oh and for pandas, my friend is going to spore next month, maybe i can ask him to check it out for me i guess ill skip on astec since the store is much far away..
09-03-2009, 08:19 PM #15
^^I'm just scratching my head a bit..^^
My 2 sens opinion:
- If the store that sells Astec is "too much far away", imagine Sumatra???..
- You could get the Apacs 9900, all stringed up and shipped. But here's another thing to consider. Have you ever played with or even test or wield it before? What if you don't like it?
The good thing abt having a store, which sells baddy rackets & where you can visit, is you can actually get your hands on them and physically test/wield them there. If you like it, then you can buy it. Rather than wait for a racket, which you've never laid your hands before, and play with it.
But if you don't mind and have read good reviews on them, then go for it.
- There are some reviews of Panda Power's rackets in that thread (above). If you ask me, they're decent rackets. Personally, i'd prefer the light weight of Trinity; just have to get used to it to get the max impact. But love the solid feel of the Ultra, eventhough it's a bit on the heavy side. It will be a bit difficult for you to test them until your friend brings them back from S'pore. So, it's up to you if you want to shell out the extra rupiahs.
Last edited by ctjcad; 09-03-2009 at 08:22 PM.
09-03-2009, 08:36 PM #16
hahhaa.. yup, but shipping would be just easier, since i might need to go to the shop, pick a racket and string, and most probably i'd have to wait several days before it is done and then i will be required to go back there to collect it.. what a tiring job but yeah, after this class i'm going to check out some sportstores around darmo and hope they have either apacs or astec, and suppose if apacs' price is higher here at least i can feel them first as what u suggested i do is there a picture gallery thread on rackets here? i'd love to see some beautifully crafted ones thanks alot
09-04-2009, 12:19 AM #17
went to 2 shops today.. one sells astec but not the 850 one, and one told me not to buy apacs.. sigh.. so confused.. hahaha.. but still the number one in my list is the apacs nano 9900, due to its low price and the tension-holding ability.. do i need to open a thread for this?? hehe.. btw thx ctjcad and cooler!
one more thing.. is the apacs nano 9900 power = apacs nano 9900 pro??
By Yong_Hui in forum Indonesia Professional PlayersReplies: 20: 05-07-2013, 05:32 PM
By ojayz in forum Buy & SellReplies: 12: 01-15-2011, 11:16 AM
By DaigoDJM in forum IntroductionReplies: 4: 06-28-2010, 03:10 AM
By azvendo in forum IntroductionReplies: 4: 02-21-2010, 04:10 AM
By alonzo in forum Chit-ChatReplies: 0: 05-19-2008, 10:21 PM