Hi From Indonesia!!

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by Shiroa, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Shiroa

Shiroa Regular Member

Student
    Hey guys!! It's good to be here.. I've played badminton for almost 10 years, that's since i was in the 5th grade.. hehe.. In Indonesia, badminton is very popular, but not everyone plays badminton.. Recently i started to become active in playing with my colleagues, we all love badminton! :D my rackets are not the expensive ones, since i'm still a newbie player.. They are:
    • Yonex Carbonex 8 *out of service*
    • Yonex Titanium Pro501 -BG80- *head broken, welded*
    • Hart Defensive Plus -BG60- *handle got separated from the body, glued*
    • Hart Infinity -BG66- *good shape*
    The last 2 rackets are Indonesian brand, and the company belongs to a former Indonesian badminton player, Ricky Subagja :D Hope to learn more about Badminton from you guys! Cheers!

P.S: i need help to choose a powerful and accurate rackets, the best for strictly under 100bucks :D

#1 Shiroa, Sep 2, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
  2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Welcome..^^

..to BCDF, Shiroa!:)..As for your query of rackets cheaper than $100, you can hover on over to the Equipment section. Or even to the Buy & Sell (Marketplace) section to find any good deals. I know there are decent rackets that sell for under $100.
    Anyway, keep visiting us & enjoy your time here!;):cool:
    *Btw, i notice you are arek Suroboyo. Where do you usually play in Surabaya??..

#2 ctjcad, Sep 2, 2009
  3. Shiroa

Shiroa Regular Member

Student
    Hi ctjcad! :D thanks for the suggestion, but i don't think i'm getting any yonexs bcause there are so many counterfeits around :( i'm more interested in gosen/toalson rackets, as they have an increasing population of fans and users around and they are slightly cheaper as well.. i'm currently living and studying in west area, hv u heard of universitas ciputra or citraland? that's where i am right now, so my best bet of badminton court will be around lontar street area or darmo :D i usually play on lontar actually, and we have this contract going on for another month so yeah :) how do you know surabaya actually? :)

4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^I see..^^

- Yeah, go for other brands if you prefer. Have you heard of Astec (Alan-Susy technology) brand?? Of course, by the name it's also an Indonesian made brand and quite cheap. I have one of their rackets.
    - How do i know Surabaya??...well, let's just say i've been there a few times. Yes, i know Darmo & Citraland areas. I believe Citraland is a newer community, if not mistaken. Sorry, don't know lontar street & don't know the university. I've played around Darmo once, but in a "reserved" hall (has 2 courts). I've also played another time at a different area, near downtown area (sorry forgot).

5. Shiroa

Shiroa Regular Member

Student
    hahhaa.. what a coincidence.. im just in the middle of browsing and researching on this astec brand.. :D yup you're right, citraland is a new area, that and the university which has only started 3 years back :D oh, and which astec racket do you own? im looking for something with power attitude, i heard headheavy rackets are most proper to do the job, is that right?

6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Which Astec do i own??..^^

..if i recall (sorry, it's in the bag), i own the StormPro 950..If you check/read the "DinkAlot's Racket Review" thread, he had mentioned/reviewed it. It's pretty light but packs quite a punch; just have to get used to the timing cos of its light weight. Personally, i use that once in a while, since i only have 1; if i break it, then i have no more. And yes, i bought it back in Sby.
    Head-heavy is always preferable, esp. if you're a power/smash oriented player. But sometimes, if it's heavy in weight, you might not be able to wield it w/ease. Personally, i prefer something that's moderate, light in weight but is head-heavy at the same time; AT900 Technique range.

#6 ctjcad, Sep 2, 2009
  7. Shiroa

Shiroa Regular Member

Student
    wow, the review is quite something.. what was the price range for that when you got it? i really don't buy brands, and as long as i think and heard that it is good, i'd prefer that even for cheaper ones with acknowledged brand.. i might wanna spell out that name tomorrow cos i'm planning to go the the sports store.. :) let's see what i think about it, thanks btw, off i go :D oh and dont hesitate to contact me if you happen to find yourself in Surabaya :D

8. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^It's a decent brand..^^

- If i recall, i purchased it back in 2007, the last time i visited Sby (also visited M'sia for the 2007 WC). Btw, i think i have the StormPro 850, the same one in the review. The price, i don't quite remember from the top off my head, but i think i purchased it for around $75 (Rp.750,000) incl. string and cloth grip. I bought it at Hartono Sport on i think Sukomanunggal St.??(should be in the Darmo area). He has quite a bit of baddy stuff (i know some are fakes:p)
    There's also a separate Astec thread in this forum if you do a search.
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33261&highlight=astec
    Too bad Astec brand is not really widely sold in Sby.
    - Thanks, i will keep you in mind the next time i visit Sby again. Maybe next yr, during my visit to M'sia..:p

9. Shiroa

Shiroa Regular Member

Student
    went to a sport store in kembang jepun, the only rackets available are toalsons, gosens, rcls and harts, so i didnt buy one, instead i replaced the string on my hart infinite 33 (not infinity, sorry) to gosen biogut bioroots 66 :) ill try my luck tomorrow and go to sportstore nearby to get either astec 850 or the apacs 9900 :D

10. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

11. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
  12. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^The only way..^^

..Shiroa is gonna get his hands on those is if the S'pore (PP racket) dealer sends him a racket....or if i bring back several Ultras or Trinities or maybe Revelations model back to INA...:cool:

13. Shiroa

Shiroa Regular Member

Student
    hey thx guys :D actually i contacted this online seller and he offered me an apacs nano power 9900 + yonex bg 85 (strung 30lbs) for less than 50 bucks.. the shop is authorized i guess.. is link sharing allowed?? do check this out then :D

http://kedaiangkasa.com/product/90/apacs-nano-9900-power/

14. Shiroa

Shiroa Regular Member

Student
    hmm.. i guess my post got deleted.. hahaha.. ok, i need your opinion on apacs nano power 9900 combined with bg85 and strung at 30lbs of tension.. it will costs no more than 50 bucks shipped, the seller is in sumatra, one of indonesia's mainland, hehe.. so should i get it or not? all suggestions are welcome.. :D oh and for pandas, my friend is going to spore next month, maybe i can ask him to check it out for me :) i guess ill skip on astec since the store is much far away..

15. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^I'm just scratching my head a bit..^^

My 2 sens opinion:
    - If the store that sells Astec is "too much far away", imagine Sumatra???..:eek:
    - You could get the Apacs 9900, all stringed up and shipped. But here's another thing to consider. Have you ever played with or even test or wield it before? What if you don't like it?
    The good thing abt having a store, which sells baddy rackets & where you can visit, is you can actually get your hands on them and physically test/wield them there. If you like it, then you can buy it. Rather than wait for a racket, which you've never laid your hands before, and play with it.
    But if you don't mind and have read good reviews on them, then go for it.
    - There are some reviews of Panda Power's rackets in that thread (above). If you ask me, they're decent rackets. Personally, i'd prefer the light weight of Trinity; just have to get used to it to get the max impact. But love the solid feel of the Ultra, eventhough it's a bit on the heavy side. It will be a bit difficult for you to test them until your friend brings them back from S'pore. So, it's up to you if you want to shell out the extra rupiahs.
    Good luck!:cool:

#15 ctjcad, Sep 3, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
  16. Shiroa

Shiroa Regular Member

Student
    hahhaa.. yup, but shipping would be just easier, since i might need to go to the shop, pick a racket and string, and most probably i'd have to wait several days before it is done and then i will be required to go back there to collect it.. what a tiring job :D but yeah, after this class i'm going to check out some sportstores around darmo and hope they have either apacs or astec, and suppose if apacs' price is higher here at least i can feel them first as what u suggested i do :D is there a picture gallery thread on rackets here? i'd love to see some beautifully crafted ones :D thanks alot :)

17. Shiroa

Shiroa Regular Member

Student
    went to 2 shops today.. one sells astec but not the 850 one, and one told me not to buy apacs.. sigh.. so confused.. hahaha.. but still the number one in my list is the apacs nano 9900, due to its low price and the tension-holding ability.. do i need to open a thread for this?? hehe.. btw thx ctjcad and cooler! :D

one more thing.. is the apacs nano 9900 power = apacs nano 9900 pro??

18. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

You could've called them..

- I forgot to tell you that you could've just called them and asked if they have the rackets you're looking for. I'm sure you have a phone book directory @ your disposal. I know the Hartono Sports is in the Darmo area.
    - As for your request of a picture gallery thread on different rackets, sorry, we don't have that. However, we do or used to have individual Yonex racket threads which have the pictures.
    - Good to know you have 2 stores you can go to. As for the out of stock Astec 850, you can ask the store owner if he can order it for you. I don't know the intention/motive of the other store which told you not to buy Apacs rackets. They might be telling you that because they want you to buy the rackets they're carrying. Don't be confused, just go with the racket suitable for you and of course your wallet..:cool:
    - No, no need to open a new thread for you query, unless there is no thread at all abt Apacs nano 9900. You can do a search and find related threads to the Apacs nano 9900 and post your queries there. The Search feature is at the top of this page.

19. Shiroa

Shiroa Regular Member

Student
    hmm.. ok i've decided to get the apacs visual hollow 1800, judging for the review it is probably the best i can get for my money and anythingbutyonex.. hehe.. can i ask you guys a favor to not let me and my decision down?? hahaha.. i need more support to make me happy with the purchase :D

ok how come i didnt remember about calling those stores?? silly me :D thx again mate!

20. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

I just remember this thread..

..yes, you can call it a picture gallery & we do have this "unofficial" racket pictures thread...
    Hope to see a pic of your collection of rackets in that thread, Shiroa..;)
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13695