League Badminton

Discussion in 'UK' started by d-arke, Sep 3, 2009.

1. d-arke

d-arke Regular Member

You seriously don't want to know. It's way too bor
    Does anyone know if it's possible to play league badminton with a club without having to join one of the clubs individual graded sessions?

Basically, I pay a membership fee to the club and receive a relevant grade for my standard of play. I believe I have insurance covered under my membership fee. Additional to this, the club organizes club sessions dependent on membership grades and organize competitive teams to represent the club through these sessions. The costs of these sessions cover shuttle and court fees. All league related costs are covered via match fees.

My problem is I do not want to join one of these sessions as the standard is generally quite poor.

Has anyone experienced this? Does anyone know if I have the right to convince my club that I should be eligible for the team?

2. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Surely if you are good enough they will see that and ask you to move up agrade? if so then the games you get should be better. If not and they are uninterested join a new club!

3. mindfields

mindfields Regular Member

It's really entirely up to the club.
    TBH, I think you should look for a different club and find somewhere that allows you to play club nights & matches at your standard.

Taking a match spot & not playing club nights isn't really fair to the existing members. Your not contributing anything to the club & taking a place that could give another member experience and incentive to improve.
    It'd be nice if you could play there a bit & give some tips/coaching to advance their club along.

4. staiger

staiger Regular Member

Investment Banker
    if you are moving down to the North-West then I could sort you out with a club ! :) . Anyway , if you are not satisfy with the club then you should join another