Toe NAIL came out! Injury(Advice needed)

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by george@chongwei, Sep 4, 2009.

1. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

I'm currently having some injury now. So maybe some expert here can give some advise to me. Last month i think, just bought a new badminton shoes, then wore it for 2 sessions, then i felt a bit uncomfortable. Because this pair of shoes is new, so i thought to myself that maybe it's just something normal. I just need to used to it. So after wore it for about a few more sessions, i saw my toe's thumb Nail becomes blue black:rolleyes::eek:. Then i have a feeling there's something wrong here. Maybe the blood inside had freezed:eek::crying::crying: This is quite surprising for me indeed of course, because after i played badminton for so long , this is the 1st time i had such an injury. then the story continues:rolleyes:.. I try not to bother it, and i also put some kind of cream on that toe hoping that it will turn white again.:rolleyes::p Then just yesterday, i noticed that my right leg toe's nail at the thumb there a bit loose:eek::mad: I can already see the inside part of it. Some blood that had been freezed inside i saw:eek::(.The colour of the nail also had turned to some kind of dead skin colour:(. So right now, i dunno what am i supposed to do? I need to see the doctor for further action? The 1st thought popping out of my mind of seeing the doctor for sure the doctor will PULL off my toe's nail?:crying::crying:Will it be painful?:mad: :( That means i can't wear any shoes out?:confused: Anyone ever experienced this kind of problem before? It seems like i need to take some rest from playing badminton for now. I would be deeply missing my badminton sessions.:eek:

2. Shiroa

Shiroa Regular Member

Student
    hmm.. toe nail goes off is a usual thing to happen.. how's the toe right now? is it still blue? or does it feel numb? if its just the toe nail, it will grow back in time.. it probably should take several weeks to fully grown..

3. Shiroa

Shiroa Regular Member

Student
    seeing a doctor is a good idea tho.. :)

4. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    just cut off the toe. problem solve. :D

5. Aeolus

Aeolus Regular Member

Does your toe hurt? How much of your toenail is damaged? I'm actually experiencing the exact same thing, but my toenail is hanging on by just a tiny bit more before it comes off. Doesn't hurt though. I actually wrap it tightly with a plaster before putting shoes on, hoping it stays on. I'm just afraid that after the toenail comes off it might hurt when there's friction between your shoe and the exposed flesh.

Anyway what happened was a blood clot followed by fungal problems due to exposure to dampness/moisture.

#5 Aeolus, Sep 4, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2009
  6. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    1. NEVER expose the open wound to water.
    2. leave it open, air-dry
    3. if, need to wear shoe, use bandage to wrap, but only able to wear shoe for a short period. 1-2 hours.

7. george@chongwei

The toe is a bit loose right now. Now i'm thinking whether to let the doctor do the job to pull it off or let it naturally comes out as its loose now.
    Nope, no hurt for now, i'm not sure will it be the same after the toe completely all came out..now its just a bit loosen as i said earlier and the colour of the toe nail is just like a dead skin colour type. So did u went to see the doctor? u mean your toe nail didnt came off? so how's your toe nail now?
    1. So what am i supposed to do when bathing time?:confused::crying:

I think if i see the doctor, the doctor will pull it off completely. Not sure whether he/she will wrap the red blood disgusting thingy for me though. Dunno why i have a feeling of disgusting and ticklish now..:crying::(

8. Aeolus

Aeolus Regular Member

Oh, then we're experiencing the same thing. Condition of my toenail is probably the same as yours, with the same colour as well. Mine is hanging on by just a tiny bit of toenail left and I think it might just come off soon =/

I didn't go to see a doctor. Anyways how much of your toenail is damaged and about to fall off (out of 100%)?

9. Aeolus

Aeolus Regular Member

Just take a bath but try to dry it after that >.<

#9 Aeolus, Sep 4, 2009
  10. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    in this world, there is a thing that we called "plastic bag".
    i need to reply this before some jokers start-off with something else. :cool:

11. george@chongwei

then ditto:p erm, the toe nail is loosing(not completely coming off but can see a little bit of freezed red blood about 40% of the upper layer i could say.
    Wow, u didnt go and see the doctor, so what's your current condition now? In your previous post u said u covered with the tone nail that are soon to be coming out with a plaster when wearing a shoe?:eek: Won't it hurts when u are taking it out? i have a feeling that this method the percentage of the toe nail to come high are very high..

12. Aeolus

Aeolus Regular Member

Nope, cause the toe nail is only in contact with the "not sticky" part of the plaster. Lol. Uhm, 40% seems like a lot. Mine is unfortunately about 70% LOL! Anyway there's this thing that a pedicurist can do, and that's to mend the broken nail cosmetically. Although there are risks that you might tear the "good" part of your toenail if you injure it again. I didn't do it because mine is about 70%, but 40%.. maybe you could get some more advise if you could do that. Oh yes and please CUT IT REALLLLLY SHORT! Helps a lot as well.

My condition; toenail about 70% "dead", hanging loosely. I just use a plaster all the time I wear a shoe. Delaying the inevitable I guess. There's no way to restore it but let it grow back in the future.

13. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm..

..George, any pictures to share so we can assess your situation/toe's condition??..:confused:

14. Nightbird

Nightbird Regular Member

wow.....U r certainly a liberal user of SMILEYS...

Total of 19 SMILEYS used in your first post!!!!:)

Hope ur toe heals up quick, but don't rush!!

15. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Actually..^^

..he wanted to use this username instead: g:):eek:rg:rolleyes::confused:ch;)ngw:cool:i

16. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

George,

If the thing doesn't hurt, don't worry. Do as Aeolus says, just use a BandAid (plaster) to protect the nail from getting yanked off.
    I usually advise letting the nail come off naturally. Even though it's loose, it is still protecting the nail bed.

You can get it wet if you want. As long as you can dry it well afterwards.

I'm just sorry you didn't come to me when the subungual hematoma (the 'frozen blood') was fresh....there is nothing I love more than poking a flame-heated paperclip through a nail and seeing that dark blood spurt from the hole. Mmmmm, sweet relief.:D

17. BD-Fan

BD-Fan Regular Member

Black toe mean you are bleeding inside due to the amount inpact your toe inside the shoe.

It takes about 4 month for a completed new big toe nail to grow back.

I have been through so many of black toe nails. May be eight times total all on my racket foot. Since once started it's easy to get a second one.

I have tried different size and model of shoes (All top model yonex shoes) and different socks (yonex, thorlo, and regular sports socks), and insoles (superfeet green, and regular sports insole) in no vail. Have problem with other toe nails on the racket foot too but not as bad as big toe nail. Tight fit shoe seems better than the relaxed fit shoe.

My non racket toes are perfectly fine.

It may be to do with the playing frequency. I play about three times a week and each time about three hours. I even tried different shoe lacing pattern as New Balance Shoe website suggested but in no vail.

No solution so far. Racket foot does take a lot of abuse with the sudden movement in all directions.

#17 BD-Fan, Sep 4, 2009
  18. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    :mad:
    dont waste my good dinner.

19. Aeolus

Aeolus Regular Member

LOL! Yeah it does look gross actually >.<

20. george@chongwei

To avoid any misunderstanding, let me have something here. My front part of my toe nail is loosening a bit as i said earlier, and this is not the ordinary front part that we all used to cut our nails that front part. Its the skin part though.In your case, your toenail is 70% dead?:eek: I wonder if u didnt cut it off, how the new one will grow back?:confused: Btw, which feet u are having your 'loose toe' now?
    err, i guess i don't wanna post any.:rolleyes::(:(
    hmm, if i just covered it with a plaster , etc on my toe, will it naturally grow back? I mean the new one.
    so what's the current condition of your black toe nails now?:confused: did u cut it off and grows a new one?:confused: