User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Chan Kwong Beng

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ye333 View Post
    I guess the problem is lack of competition. Once young players reach the top level (in Malaysia, not in the world), there is basically no need to improve anymore.
    maybe u can change to view reversely?
    the LACK OF FUND made bam has less back up player?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SibugiChai View Post
    China junior do get a lot of exposure overseas... if u see most of this names in 3-4stars tournament, I havnt heard b4...

China make a major mistake during Yang2, Xiong gubo & Zhao JianHua era, when they didnt expose their Junior asap...

I heard that msia backup player get less than 6tourny last year???
    well,u can count by urself
    minus the tourney that held in mas
    see how many they got last year
    and more than half is sg,ina,thai tournament

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope this boy won't follow the footstep of TCS
    work harder.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    I hope this boy won't follow the footstep of TCS
    work harder.
    on the contrary, I hope everyone follow TCS footsteep... so that our Up & coming junior like iskandar, ismail, misbun, zul & etc can has more exposure at a younger age...

I think CKB adi 21-22 ???

anyway, Hardwork doesnt necessary bring succes... If train2 train2 only, without much exposure... also will only become a GOOD SPARRING PARTNER ONLY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well... This cannot explain why many foreign coaches mention "attitude" problem.

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    maybe u can change to view reversely?
    the LACK OF FUND made bam has less back up player?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well... I don't think CJS lacks exposure. If I remember correctly, he (or CWF) beat CJ in 2007 (this means he was already attending high level tournaments at the age of 20). Such exposure is comparable to Chinese players.

The problem is, if a young player has his/her national team position basically secured, while at the same time doesn't see any sign of winning big titles soon (which is the case for most young players), then there is no reason to work hard.

China junior do get a lot of exposure overseas... if u see most of this names in 3-4stars tournament, I havnt heard b4...

China make a major mistake during Yang2, Xiong gubo & Zhao JianHua era, when they didnt expose their Junior asap...

I heard that msia backup player get less than 6tourny last year???

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well... I don't think CJS lacks exposure. If I remember correctly, he (or CWF) beat CJ in 2007 (this means he was already attending high level tournaments at the age of 20). Such exposure is comparable to Chinese players.

The problem is, if a young player has his/her national team position basically secured, while at the same time doesn't see any sign of winning big titles soon (which is the case for most young players), then there is no reason to work hard.
    THere's also the issue of politics. The coaches dont have final say in the selection. NSC will have a say, the BAM coaching committee will have a say,etc.

It was CWF who beat CJ in AE 2008, but yet CWF was not selected for TC reserve(Arif went) or OG sparring (TCS went) or certain tourneys(while the rest got to go). This despite Misbun mentioning in the press that CWF had most potential among the 4 to be next LCW.
    It's sthing like this - if they do ok, so? Doesnt mean they get better chances. Improve or no improve, not much difference.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you mean AE2007? CJ won AE2008 (a spectacular final with LD dragging an injured leg and stylishly returned almost anything from CJ ).

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    THere's also the issue of politics. The coaches dont have final say in the selection. NSC will have a say, the BAM coaching committee will have a say,etc.

It was CWF who beat CJ in AE 2008, but yet CWF was not selected for TC reserve(Arif went) or OG sparring (TCS went) or certain tourneys(while the rest got to go). This despite Misbun mentioning in the press that CWF had most potential among the 4 to be next LCW.
    It's sthing like this - if they do ok, so? Doesnt mean they get better chances. Improve or no improve, not much difference.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just like our GROWTH physically, badminton also the same...

from certain age 17-21 (in my opinion) players should get as much international exposure as possible...

if after 21 only get, it might slow their progress down... o they might not develop as fast.

just my2cents

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They should take like the 14 or 15(?) year old intanon ratchanok for example.
    limsy can u tell u more about that

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well... This cannot explain why many foreign coaches mention "attitude" problem.
    then try to find the 1st reason

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post

Do you mean AE2007? CJ won AE2008 (a spectacular final with LD dragging an injured leg and stylishly returned almost anything from CJ ).
    well,cwf beat cj in india open,not ae.
    but then,as kak helang said,he didnt get EXTRA chance,then what for play hard?train hard?
    in bam,train hard is not equal to chance to competition,better result is not equal to more chance to play in tournament,and acheivement is not equal to ur salary(except datuk lcw)
    get what i mean?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just like our GROWTH physically, badminton also the same...

from certain age 17-21 (in my opinion) players should get as much international exposure as possible...

if after 21 only get, it might slow their progress down... o they might not develop as fast.

just my2cents
    Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    They should take like the 14 or 15(?) year old intanon ratchanok for example.
    limsy can u tell u more about that
    ratchanok is different case i afraid.
    anyway,this is the problem of chicken and egg
    bam/nsc say u have no result,whyi send u?
    player wll say i didnt have chance to play,where got result?
    then u judge by urself who correct lor

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well,cwf beat cj in india open,not ae.
    [/quote]

Oh ya lah, me getting old liao, got the wrong tourney . Only remember's it was 1st quarter 2008.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3