802 vs 9824?

Discussion in 'Badminton Bag' started by dawei94, Sep 5, 2009.

1. dawei94

dawei94 Regular Member

Student
    I'm considering buying a new bag, and i've heard that the JP bags are more durable and higher quality. They also have some "other features" that the non JP bags lack, although i can't tell if either are true from the pictures and i can't see one in a brick and mortar store, i can only buy them online.

Are there actually any differences? (if there are, could you please be specific. I would especially like to know about the other features)

Are there any places that sell JP bags? (besides shuttlehouse)

2. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Yeah it is true, the JP versions will have extra features which the no JPs don't hense, the different model number.

Examples would be, extra pocket, additional support clip and rubber feet thingy so the bag can stand vertical.

3. shihman

shihman Regular Member

yes everything Matt said is true. i have also posted a thread earlier named "disappointing 9824". if i knew the differences before my purchase, i would consider paying more to get a better bag.

the first difference between the 2 bags is the price. the us version bag (9824) is around $55 and the jp version (802) is about $80.
    second, the backpak straps is curved around the armpit area where it is a bit more comfortable to carry and won't slip off your shoulder.
    third, inside the 1 of the large compartment it is outfitted with mesh pocket for small items.
    fourth, the outside pocket is sub-divided into 2 smaller pockets with its own zipper to separate more misc./personal items ie keys, wallet, and phones.
    fifth, outside of the bag it comes with rubber feets like matt mentioned and also a handle on the opposite end to carry vertically.

as far as i can tell from the picture, the material is identical between the 2 bags, i may be wrong on that and someone may be able to clarify on that.

if money is not an issue, i would recommend buying the jp version and be the envy of other 9824 baggers. :D

Attached Files:

4. tckang

tckang Regular Member

Con man (I do sales)
    Have a look at my latest post in "Bags". Just got my 802AI yesterday and i can tell you no regrets for the extra $$$ paid. The extra features, the zips, the overall quality is just ....AWESOME. Not to mention the user friendliness concept incorporated in the JP bags.

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76998

Definitely support JP Bags!!!

5. dawei94

dawei94 Regular Member

Student
    problem is that I can't order from Chinese websites, I'm not sure how to use shuttle-house and no American website sells JP bags
    Wondering if there are any places that Google skipped over thats sells JP Yonex bags?

6. tckang

tckang Regular Member

Con man (I do sales)
    I think for your case you can try shuttle-house. I believe many forum members here may have use before and may help you out.
    Can't help you there as i never buy from shuttle -house before.