Difference among yonex shoes models 100, 101, and 200

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by ionoo, Sep 5, 2009.

1. ionoo

ionoo Regular Member

Besides the more technology, I want to hear more reviews from people who have tried these shoes. I'll go and try these shoes in person but I doubt I can really try these shoes long enough to see the difference on court.

The technology listed seems exactly the same in the upper material and midsole.

shb 200 ex
    http://www.badminton.net/cart/produ...d=716&osCsid=3b39a6921e3d58031f55c7c1536870d5

shb 101 ltd
    http://www.badminton.net/cart/produ...d=727&osCsid=3b39a6921e3d58031f55c7c1536870d5

Like is one shoe lighter than the other, more cushion or something for frequent jumpers, ventilation good?

#1 ionoo, Sep 5, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2009
  2. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

the technology to make the shoes are different:cool:

3. blindfury

blindfury Regular Member

im coming from 100 to 101, i feel that 100 is lower to the floor, 101 is higher (more comfortable). 101 also has wave pattern on insole.

4. ionoo

ionoo Regular Member

does that mean that if I insert my own insole like superfeet the wave pattern benefit would be gone?

5. blindfury

blindfury Regular Member

i think all new yonex come with wave insole, SHB200 has it as well.

101 seems comfortable enough for me, and i've tried superfeet green, not for me, perhaps blue would hv worked better.

6. blindfury

blindfury Regular Member

about the wave pattern, i won't say it's revolutionary, but it seems to have prevented socks from slipping within the shoes, or maybe slippage hasnt occured yet because the shoes are quite new (about 4 months of use now).

perhaps the wave pattern added a thicker layer, which explains the slightly higher insole level, anyhow, it won't be worse than previous technologies, if price is right, i say go for 101.

7. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    mine is 2years +++ now... still good... one of the reason I prefer Y0nex shoes...
    none slippery inisde laces... Goodaneee :cool:

8. ionoo

ionoo Regular Member

aren't you suppose to replace shoes after like one yr or something even if the outside still looks good? I remember somewhere in bc someone said they're shoes look perfectly good but they gave it away to their friend or sold... lemme see if I can find the post.

9. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

I think it is better to just buy a new insole, Yonex or not (Dinkalot has recommended other brands), and replace the one which will be quite worn out inside. Not to mention about all the dirt and sweat it has absorbed.

10. anew143

anew143 New Member

sports man
    What i observed is SHB 200 is much more comfortable for wider foot / 4E than the 100 and 101 series.

11. JonathanLe

JonathanLe Regular Member

SHB101 Ltd has problems with new design

I bought the shoes (101ltd) 3 weeks ago, and it hurts my feet beside sides really much. Initially, I thought that were because its new, so abit stiff and tighter than normal. But after many times wearing, it still made my foot hurt on beside side of the feet, especially the right one ( I m a right hand player).
    I used to wear the 100ltd, and there was no problem like this.

I think cause the new design has 2 strap on sides of the shoes to make an extra tighten your feet with the shoes. That's why it hurts your feet sides, even when you dont tighten the shoestrings so much, it also hurts due to the straps put forth to your feet.

Anyone have troubles like that?

12. Blitzzards

The truth is your feet are too wide to fit the SHB-101LTD. The "lateral claws" have been around since 2006 IIRC and it's a Yonex standard for the high end shoes for people with normal feet width.

Try out the SHB-200. That design is made for people with wide feet like you and me. I myself am a convert from the SHB-101LTD to SHB-200 (and SHB-80 Wide).

13. JonathanLe

Is it alright if I cut off the lateral claws out of the shoes, would it be better for my feet, but not effect the shoes comfortableness.

14. Blitzzards

Honestly I wouldn't dare do that myself even though I don't use my SHB-101LTD anymore. I wear them as fashionable walking shoes now.

15. JonathanLe

Ha ha. thanks so much mate. I will buy another one.
    So to conclude, Wide foot will not fit the SHB101, SHB200 or SHB100 is recommended. Thanks guys.

16. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    From experience SHB101 is wider than SHB100.

You should look at SHB91 since it's wider than both SHB101 and 100 but not as wide as SHB200

17. konafan

konafan Regular Member

The lower and cheaper ultima series will fit much better for those with wide feet.

18. l_i_a_m

l_i_a_m Regular Member

agree, because i used to wear size UK 8 for Ultima 99 Pro, but when i changed to SHB 101, i need to wear size UK 8 and 1/2.

Ultima series really wider than SHB series, partly due to Ultima series doesn't have power cusion.

19. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    Been wearing my shb-100 ltd to the point where they look like grand master vintage style! They were very tight on the sides, but it stopped hurting after a few weeks. Overall the performance was excellent on those. Just picked up a pair of shb-200, and initial feeling is that they are snug, but not tight like the shb-100 with the same size :)

20. y_o_n_e_x_m_a_n

y_o_n_e_x_m_a_n Regular Member

the pro tend to choose SHB 200 instead of SHB 101.

example: the recent Denmark Open, both the MD final team (Malaysia and Denmark) was wearing SHB 200.

i haven't seen any pro wearing SHB 101 yet.

does this mean SHB 200 was better than SHB 101? :)