Results 1 to 17 of 39
Thread: Advice for Nikon d90 lenses
09-06-2009, 06:07 AM #1
Advice for Nikon d90 lenses
Hi BC forum,
My partner has bought a D90 and we are confused about the lens choices.
It is the same price for either package
1. Body + Nikkor 18 - 55mm and 55mm to 250mm
2. Body + Nikkor 18mm - 105mm
Which would you choose? Why?
Should we see if we can top up and go for 18mm - 200 mm?
Thanking you in advance !!
09-06-2009, 06:25 AM #2
1. nikkor 18-105mm VR (good lens)
2. nikkor 70-300mm VR (good lens)
1. 18-200mm VR (all-in-one good lens)
option C; which is i am doing now (still acquiring 2 lenses)
1. tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 (great low budget fast lens)
2. tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 (great low budget fast wide lens)
3. tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 (good low budget fast telephoto lens, the AF not fast though)
4. tamron 90mm f/2.8 macro (superb close-up lens!)
09-06-2009, 06:46 AM #3
Thanks drifit for the quick reply.
Even my partner was surprised hahahaha.
Anybody else with any advice?
09-06-2009, 06:51 AM #4
09-06-2009, 07:15 AM #5
That is cheap indeed! Here it's at least 3500 + no goodies at all
Body + 18-105 is ~RM 4250 on sale at a big electronics store. Beats the best online price in Netherlands, tempted ... . Still hoping for a Nikon cashback special though, which neighbouring countries have had already "".
Last edited by demolidor; 09-06-2009 at 07:19 AM.
09-06-2009, 07:16 AM #6
she bought :P
there is a sale here, AUD$1585 for body + nikkor 18 - 105 lens and 16gb card.
promotion from nikon australia till end of september, $200 cashback.
family coming for holiday can take the camera out of australia, 10% gst claim back at airport.
1585-200-158 = $1227.00 total price
after exchange rate should be about RM 3688.87 according to xe.com.
I think it is a good deal! Especially that it is going to be used here and has Australian warranty.
09-06-2009, 08:25 AM #7
is that means already bought 18-105mm?
by the way, Nikon is providing worldwide warranty.
if only limited, beware of grey items.
09-06-2009, 08:37 PM #8
as far as i know, both nikon and canon worldwide warranties only apply to lenses. dslr bodies only have local warranties.
09-06-2009, 08:50 PM #9
09-07-2009, 02:20 AM #10
I have D90 + 18-200mm. The lens is good, I am lazy and found myself mostly it for convenience. The Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 and Nikor 50mm/1.4 would be my next targets.
09-07-2009, 02:22 AM #11
A bit too late...just adding my 3 sens..
- If your "lady" partner can afford to go all out and afford the big kahoona, then go for the 18mm-200mm lens.
I found one deal in M'sia with the above body & lens, although not sure where the seller is located?
http://malaysia.craigslist.org/ele/1360756119.html (for only RM3000)
- Instead of buying the package deal, you can try checking local camera stores or craiglist.com (M'sia) and look for those used lenses. Meaning just buy the body separate.
- Bottom line is her budget & whether your friend can afford the lenses. Anyway, she bought it already...hope she enjoys it.
09-07-2009, 02:32 AM #12
brand new at RM3000.
plus lens too ........
i will pay RM3000 for body only, the one that photo shown. brand new.
09-07-2009, 02:38 AM #13
^^That's what it says..^^
..but gotta check and contact the person to confirm. Make sure it's no scam.
09-07-2009, 08:02 AM #14
time to start saving for a sigma 30/1.4 or nikkor 50/1.4 lens so you can take badminton pics in dark gyms, then a nice ultrawide like the tokina 11-16/2.8 for landscapes, followed by a 70-200/2.8 for sports, followed by.....once you get addicted the lens lust will never end save our economy!!! buy buy buy!!!
09-09-2009, 09:23 PM #15
09-10-2009, 02:04 AM #16
09-10-2009, 03:28 AM #17