Game statistics

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Learnat30s, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Learnat30s

Learnat30s New Member

Hi Guys,

I am trying to find out any game statistics under new rally scoring system.
    For example:
    Average Length of match.
    Average Length of game.
    Average Points of game.
    Average Length of points.
    Workout/Resting Ratio.
    shots played per points.

I would like to adjust my conditioning plan to those statistics.

Thank you.

2. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    of what tournament?
    of what matches?

3. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    It all depends on your level, singles vs doubles, etc. I mean...if you are a beginner who cannot clear full court, then you're obviously running less. If you are pro and have good footwork, and your rallies last a while becuase both people are so fast, then you're burning more calories. If you are a noob, in doubles, you might have 10 minute games of low intensity, pros might have 1 hour of very intense play.

4. Learnat30s

Learnat30s New Member

I means for general badminton game, not particular game or tournament. Does it have huge difference between difference level of games? I thought as long as the players are in the same level, those statistics should be very similar. But I do agreed those numbers might be different between doubles and singles. I am majorly looking for single number now. If we do not have those number, how we set up goal for conditioning?

5. bradmyster

bradmyster Regular Member

Customer server network Support
    every game will be vastly different so finding an average would be near pointless. No matter what level there will always be long and short games.

6. chrisnchips

chrisnchips Regular Member

Student
    haha,

Statistics? uhhh... I'm gonna say in general the length of matches will be longer based on the length of the rallies. Pros or Joes... doesn't matter as much... just one side versus the other side and how evenly matched the game is will decide the length of matches. Also consider in that in high level play in tournaments.. players will use the midpoint to take breaks for water and coaching, as well as in between sets (im not sure if they record the time during these breaks).

I say adjust your 'conditioning plan' so that you can prevail through a long rally and still have good control of your shots. Run/Jog/Footwork conditioning to improve stamina. Power up stairs, do lunges, squats with weights... to improve leg strength and agility.

I found that playing singles helped me push myself further faster when it came down to my speed on court. Footwork should be a high focus inline with physical strength conditioning.

In biking, it is better to keep your knees straight and closer to the frame of the bike when pedaling... more efficient use of energy and more powerful output. I try to keep this in mind and apply it to my footwork so i can direct the max energy with my legs when pushing off towards a shot.