Racquet Recommendation

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by hussain8116, Sep 7, 2009.

1. hussain8116

hussain8116 New Member

Hi All,

I have only recently started playing badminton and am in love with it. I started once a week and am now only playing it twice a week but am desperate to improve and play a bit more seriously. I was about to buy a racket and am now confused about which to buy. I would normally just go to Sports direct and buy a midrange racket... but I think it will be best to seek some advice.

If you want a racquet:
    1. How often do you play, how serious are you?

I play twice a week and might go on to play thrice

2. What style of player are you? (Aggressive smasher, net player ...)

Ermm... I like to smash wenever there is a chance... but also feel that smashing at every opportunity is a waste so not sure how to answer this question

3. Do you care much about durability or is it all about performance?

Yes durability wud be important as well i dont want to buy a racket every few months. Ideally the racket shud last me at least 2 years i guess.

4. How much money do you want to spend?
    About £50 considering the most expensive in sports direct (oxford circus) was only £26

I hope i have clarified everything. Please let me know if i shud provide more info. :)

2. friendlyed

friendlyed Regular Member

Student
    I would suggest a yonex or a head racket. Yonex has always been good quality and my friends use head rackets which they will vouch for.

http://www.sweatband.com/badminton-rackets.html

one of my first rackets was £40 so £50 is a good price. I would suggest getting a head heavy one since they are more durable usually than a head light. Check what kind of flexibility you want and have a look at that site i gave. Its got some good prices.

3. roy b

roy b Regular Member

Would agree with most that friendliyed says except his choice of manufacturer.

For the price you are looking at, I feel Yonex is surpassed by a number of other manufacturers (notwithstanding that yonex high-end rackets take some beating :) ).

Sweatband are an excellent company to buy from, as friendliyed says, but have a good look at the Victor range of rackets, along with others that they offer - much better bang for the buck than Yonex. Also, take a look on ebay - yes, there are occasionally honest sellers there :) - and you will come across some great deals on Kason rackets (i.e. the TSF100 ) from a shop called 'Kason rackets', who are based in Derby and very reliable.

Oh, and welcome to the great game of Badminton :D:D:D.

4. hussain8116

hussain8116 New Member

Thanks friendlyed and roy_b appreciate your suggestions. I will have a look at both and let you guys know what I decide on.

H