Cab 35 - stiffness?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by macatawa, Sep 9, 2009.

1. macatawa

macatawa Regular Member

Hello all.
    I realize the Cab 35 is relatively new on the market so info is in short supply here.

I am curious to know how stiff this animal is. The only thing I have found is: "I believe I heard the Cab 35 is somewhat flexible"....

thx.

2. canti

canti Regular Member

Student
  3. macatawa

macatawa Regular Member

Hmmm...thanks for your speedy reply. Didn't help me too much though:rolleyes:

I have been searching for the past two days (here and the web) for specifics on this new racquet such as SHAFT STIFFNESS. There is nothing "below" that addresses the question as far as I can see.

I dunno, maybe I just missed something...:cool:

4. quik_silver

quik_silver Regular Member

Analyst
    i think it's prolly stiff~extra stiff? since i think most cab are around that stiffness

5. macatawa

macatawa Regular Member

Yeah..I would assume that however, according to Dink's review, the Cab 30MP is not so stiff. And the placement of the new Cab 35 is dead center in the Yonex "map" of racquet recommended use, just under the Cab 20. That suggests to me (ignorance here) that the Cab 35 is potentially less stiff than the others....how much I dunno.

Hoping it is a bet more flex...maybe medium to med+ or so...I am not at the level of skill to comfortably handle extremely stiff racquets but I want to own a good Yonex racquet i will enjoy.

I currently use Victor Artery Tec TI 99 which, to me is fairly stiff and also have the TI 95 Power which is "moderately stiff", at least to me. The 95P is alot of fun being just a touch head heavy. Great for quicker defense.

It is amazing to me there is minimal useful info out there on the Cab 35. Guess I'll just have to wait 'till someone here has a chance to play with one and writes a review.

6. tpcml

tpcml Regular Member

Senior Manager
    I have a 2009 Carbonex 21sp and the Carbonex 35 is definately stiffer.

7. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    cab 8600ti is still, the 21 and 21sp is fairly flexible due to their thin shaft, and the cab30mp is stiff like the 8600ti, somehow the cab35 feels like the 21, somewhat flexible to me....