Which books to read?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by ionoo, Sep 9, 2009.

1. ionoo

ionoo Regular Member

Which books would you guys/girls recommend? I tried looking for reviews or other books for badminton discussed on this forum. Seems Jack Downey ones are popular, Han jian, and the Advanced badminton skills or something (too bad ebook version only available in U.S.).

Other ones?

Looked on amazon
    Items customers added to Wish Lists and registries most often in Badminton. Updated daily.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/most-wished-for/books/279342/ref=pd_mw_pg_1?ie=UTF8&pg=1

This one looks like it might be helpful,

[​IMG] The Ultimate Guide to Weight Training for Badminton (The Ultimate Guide to Weight Training for Sports, 2) by Robert G. Price (Author), Maryanne Haselow-Dulin (Editor)

Anyone read it before and would recommend it?

2. Joseph

Joseph Regular Member

I don't read badminton books. What are you trying to do? Weight train in badminton? I remember a guy from the Philippines who wrote a more modern book, but it's only a digital copy. Search the forums, he used to post here about it.

3. ionoo

ionoo Regular Member

weight train, learn other tactics, basically anything to help improve myself as a badminton player. I rather prefer books because I can't bear to look at the computer screen for too long. Don't like printing out ebooks especially if there are a lot of pages (ink too expensive at the rate I go through).

Knowledge is power right?

4. Joseph

Joseph Regular Member

I don't like reading off of a computer either. If you do have ebooks to print off, I recommend you go to Staples. It's much cheaper than printing it from home. Just make sure you print everything in black and white.

But yeah, there's not really any current (physical) books on badminton. There are a bunch of really old ones and I know there's one written by a Professor from my old school, but it's all really just basic stuff.

You can actually order a physical copy of the book I was referring to earlier. I just don't know where to order it from anymore. Good luck on your search though, I hope you find something worth reading.

5. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    Sun Tzu art of War...

6. Rykard

Rykard Regular Member

I too would be interested in books/ebooks

7. ionoo

ionoo Regular Member

for badminton? Theres the Art of badminton by George Thomas, anyone read that before?