Yonex Power Cushion insoles

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by Blitzzards, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

Hi guys, please recommend me a good Yonex Power Cushion insole that will fit into a SHB-72EX. I'm looking to get more cushioning in the SHB-72EX rivaling the one I currently have in my SHB-101LTD. This is possible isn't it (barring the 3 layer Power Cushion technology in the SHB-101LTD)?

2. wocdam

wocdam Regular Member

Professional
    try Sorbothane.....

3. Blitzzards

Interesting. I Googled for it and found some information, but it doesn't have the wave pattern as those on the Power Cushions which give comfortable grip and tackiness inside the shoes.

Requesting user reviews please?

4. HyperHorse

HyperHorse New Member

I've used them before in the past for my tennis shoes and they are more than adequate.

5. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    I thought the cushioning of the SHB72 was quite good. anyway I believe the insoles in the 101LTD are available separately? similar to the photos taken by kwun:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1145235&postcount=1

6. Blitzzards

Yes, the insoles are available for sale as replacement insoles. My supplier told me he's getting a new stock of them in around two weeks time. I hope he had this in his order.

According to the catalouge, the SHB-72EX did not appear to have insole Power Cushioning, unlike the SHB-57NEX and SHB-101LTD (the later which I am very accustomed to now). So I was planning of adding yet another layer of Power Cuhsioning to it.

Comparatively, the Power Cushion Insoles cost AU$15 while I think the most basic Sorbothane lists for AU$49....

7. Zapirian

Zapirian Regular Member

Sorry to drag up an old thread but I've got a question about insoles and my Yonex SB 72 and thought it would be better to put the information together with previous queries than make a new thread.

Happy with these shoes but have found that after a year or so of use they have (other than become a bit smelly :) ) lost some of the cushioning at the ball of the foot in the insole. Been compressed and now the insole is quite thin at this point. I see mention in this thread of getting replacement insoles but no information of model numbers, links to suppliers or other useful tips. Can anyone confirm if I can do this, or should I just invest in a new pair with the superior 3 layer Power cushion rather than trying to patch up my existing shoes?

8. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

There is hardly any cushioning to speak of in Yonex stock insoles. The 3 layer power cushion is located in the midsole, like Nike Air, not in the insole. Better get some proper insoles instead at Footlocker or alike ...
    Thanks for setting the right example and dig up an old thread instead of creating (yet) another exactly same thread discussing practically the same topic [​IMG].

9. Zapirian

Zapirian Regular Member

Thanks for the info, I did wonder as there didn't look to be anything special about the default insoles so maybe misunderstood the original poster. Anyway, thought I'd invest in Yonex SHB SC5 EX with 3 layer cushioning. Don't know if it's longer sessions (3 hours instead of 2) and tiredness causing me to be heavier footed, but had sore feet after the last few sessions. Hopefully the newer more cushioned shoes will help out.

10. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member