Badminton at Halifax, Dalplex for Dal Students anyone?

Discussion in 'Canada East' started by bingo1785, Sep 10, 2009.

1. bingo1785

bingo1785 New Member

Hi, first post. Are there any Dalhousie students out there who may be looking for someone to play with at Dalplex? I know a badminton club exists, but they only play at night. I'm looking for someone to play with, perhaps in the afternoons on wednesdays or mondays after classes. It's hard to find people to play badminton with in Halifax...

2. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

I hope you find lots of students to play with.:)
    Badminton is definitely becoming more popular in Halifax.

If you are a high level player, contact nsba.ca to get in contact with the elite players.

If you are anything below that, then go to the Dal club! (starts in 15 minutes tonight!). Surely you will find several people there willing to play with you at other times during the week.

Good luck!

3. kamroozgh

kamroozgh New Member

hi man how are you, i am student in dalhousie (so member of dal) and i am looking for someone to play badminton.my email is kamroozi_gh@yahoo.com if you like you can send me an emiail and we talk there.
    take care bye.

4. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    why need to talk with email, we all can talk in BC. :)

5. kamroozgh

kamroozgh New Member

ok man how old are u? when we can play?

6. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Yes indeed drifit, how old are you and when can you come halfway around the world to Eastern Canada??:p:p (respect is so hard to find even as a moderator)

Kamroozgh and bingo1785, it's good to see Halifax badminton being discussed on Badminton Central! :) If you guys are competitive, you should know about the upcoming tournament in Canning (far away, but beautiful) this coming weekend. Find the info at the provincial association website: http://www.nsba.ca/.

If you are not the tournament type, I'm sure the Dalclub is the best way to meet players of all ranks at Dalhousie U.
    And if you are ever bored at 0830h on a Saturday morning, you will find a small motely crew flailing away at plastic. come by if you wish.

PS drifit.....if your life-path ever does lead you to Nova Scotia, you shall have all the free lobster you can eat!

7. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    luckily my eyes still able to read that small tiny font......:p
    i am old enough for badminton.

kind of pass by this thread, we all want any badminton session arrangement/discussion is posted in BC. not just come in here and post "this is my email address, we talk outside badmintoncentral"
    please dont treat BC as bus-stop......:(

8. bingo1785

bingo1785 New Member

Wow, thanks for all the replies! kamroozi, I'll send you an e-mail today (in about 20 minutes from now).

Regarding badminton tournaments: I'm not "that competitive" anymore. I simply play for fun. I had an extra helping of losing too many badminton tournaments when I was younger and that ruined it.

Regarding the badminton club: I would join it, but there's other commitments, plus having a full course load of classes at Dal is not exactly easy!!! And the timing's bad, plus I don't live downtown. I'll keep it in mind though.

9. Mike144

Mike144 New Member

I know this is definitely an old thread, but anyway lol, I will be in Hali starting september. Is badminton at Dalplex only twice a week? I will have lots of free time so I would like to get as much practice in as I can (I caught the badminton bug last summer at CBU).

10. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Hi Mike,:)

The Dal club is Wed, Fri, Sunday. And of course you can book courts through the rest of the week.
    But I'll tell you badminton popularity has really gone up here. So you are bound to find other times and places to play.

Come and play!!!!!:D