Arcsaber 10 - cheaper alternatives?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by rossy71, Sep 12, 2009.

1. rossy71

rossy71 New Member

media
    I'm a club league player - played decent county and tournament standard as a kid, then rediscovered it again 15 years later.

I've been playing with my Yamaha YB95s since I was about 14 (20 years!) until one broke the other week. They're probably a bit heavier than the new rackets and head heavy.

I tested a few rackets at our club, didn't like the lightweight, head light ones, but really liked the Arcsaber 10. The heavier head and overall balance suited my game, which is mostly offensive, mostly doubles

Was planning to buy Arcsaber 10 til I saw the price! I'm just not prepared to pay £110 for a racket.

Been searching for good, cheaper alternatives and weighing up the Kason TSF300, Head Metallix 10,000 and Yonex Armortec ranges. All seem slightly head heavy but with stiff shaft and good for offensive play. They seem to get good reviews

Budget is about GBP 50, though would stretch a bit for a cracking racket! Any advice much appreciated!

2. quik_silver

quik_silver Regular Member

Analyst
    check out apacs. edgesaber10 i think?

3. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    Yeah, I'd go for the Apacs Edgesaber 10.

4. Gemcat

Gemcat Regular Member

Airport Employee
    This may sound a bit funky, but I find Victor's Artery Tec Ti-99 to be very powerful.
    But you might want to pick the 3U version as it's more similar to a 3U Arc 10. Unless you want a alternative to 2U Arc 10, which you might want a 2U of the Ti-99.

5. Badmintan

Badmintan Regular Member

Since you like Arc10 so much, why don't you put, "wtb used arc10, able to afford at GBP 50 ".

But be prepared to accept some paint chips for that price.

That way you get the racquet that you want and have no regrets. :D