Sore Achilles

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by Joseph, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Joseph

Joseph Regular Member

My achilles feels sore every now and then for some reason. No idea what it may be. It isn't painful, just sore when I'm walking and there's a spot near the bottom of my achilles and ball of my foot that feels sore when I rub it. Anyone with a similar thing?

2. terrencelbt

terrencelbt Regular Member

I also have soreness around the achilles area. I have pain in the area after resuming my physical training as I stop my physical exercise a few months ago.

The pain could be due to sudden increase of exercise/workload or overuse of the legs. The increment of the exercise should be increased gradually.

Maybe you can view on the article: http://www.achillestendon.com/ and http://www.footphysicians.com/footan...les-tendon.htm

3. Lordofthefart

Lordofthefart Regular Member

Student
    You know, it might be your shoes. I mean if you're jumping and moving about while being heavy on your feet, you can but strain on it and end up hurting it.

4. druss

druss Regular Member

I tore my achilles a few years ago from going to hard after a period of not playing. You need to let your body rest between periods of hard exertion. Also, stretching is critical.

5. Kiloo

Kiloo Regular Member

Engineer
    Put it on ICE. It will numb out the pain in a very short while. If U get this, probably need to heat it up very well before u start to play.

6. Lordofthefart

Lordofthefart Regular Member

Student
    See I disagree with ice because it slows down the flow of blood, therefore stopping the swelling and even dulling the nerves in the area. What it doesn't do is give any lasting effect, I mean once you take it off you'll end up feeling the pain again. And since this time you slowed the blood, it didn't heal in the intervening time.

I mean if you were a pro athlete that need to perform NOW then maybe you'd consider it. Otherwise I would suggest putting a heating pack for long term healing.

7. Kiloo

Kiloo Regular Member

Engineer
    I suppose every body doesn't react the same. For me ice works and the pain is gone for a long time if not until the next strain. But better see a Dr or a Physio for correct advice.