Yonex SHB-99 LTD/LO (three years later....)

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by Blitzzards, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

Hi guys, it has been three years now since the red and flashy SHB-99LTD/LO came out in the market and has been replaced twice by the SHB-100LTD and SHB-101LTD. Interestingly I still see a lot of people wearing them, ranging from the really good players in my club including my coach to even some beginner level players (who keep getting smashed at in the face; kind of pity them).

Is it worth collecting? I know it looks a lot like basketball shoes, but how do the features compare to the newer models?

2. Sgbad

Sgbad Regular Member

bumming around
    I have had the shb99ltd for a year, then now i am using the shb100ltd, which is coming to 18months. Personally, i feel, the support on the 100ltds are much better, more stable, and the grip is much better.

I would say, upgrade. Shoes arent like rackets, shoes are kind of "perishable" with the glue etc.

3. justinwyyau

justinwyyau Regular Member

Husband and Dad
    I think when it comes to shoes, you are encouraged to spend as much as you can - and I rather encourage a beginner to spend money on shoes (even buying top of the range shoes) than wasting time and money researching and buying racquets.

For me, the SHB-101 is the best, period. I have tried Victor VT-8000A (currently using), 802, 803, 805, Mizuno Wave Angle SS, Asics Gel Tactic and Rocket, Yonex SHB-91M and nothing comes close to the 101. All except the VT-8000A were tried on in the shop. The feeling once you put on the 101, is like, OMGWTFHAX-IBUYTHISNOW!.

Pity, I hate the shiny red colour, though I may have to cave in cause they ran out of the blue in my size :(

But yes, you should always upgrade your shoe once in a while cause the cushioning sometimes goes out before the shoes does.

Justin

4. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

I have just currently bought and will be switching to SHB-200EX and/or SHB-80W from my current SHB-101LTD because of my 4E feet :D

I'm planning to give my 101LTD to my bro who's also getting active in badminton.

5. chanman87

chanman87 Regular Member

Banker
    99's are alot softer then the 100 and 101
    i've had all three
    and am still collecting the 99s either in the MX or the Lo variety