bent rackets

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by HappyOne, Sep 14, 2009.

1. HappyOne

HappyOne Regular Member

my muscle power 30 is slightly bent inwards. is there a way to fix this? maybe if i place some books on the side that is bent... it will go back to the way it was? lol!

2. Sgbad

Sgbad Regular Member

bumming around
    I doubt it will work that way. I guess, cutting of the string, and restringing them at a lower tension might help. Did you just strung it?

3. HappyOne

HappyOne Regular Member

No. The strings are very low tension. Pretend your palm is the face of the racket. Slightly bend your 4 fingers and that's how its bent.

4. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Sounds like the racket is warped. Cutting the strings may not make the difference if it's been like that for a significant amount of time, it would be permanent by now.

How did you take care of the racket? Has it been through different temperatures alot (ie. leave it in your car?)

5. MetalOrange

MetalOrange Regular Member

I have one of those situations where I packed my rackets into my suitcase (soft shell). By the time I arrive at least one of the racket is slightly bent due to heavy pressure from overstacked check-in baggage. Nothing much helps to return it back to its original condition.

6. StrikeGX

StrikeGX Regular Member

rofl u got ur musclepower 30 bent i had my frame cracked in 23 lb hardcore smashing... T_T

7. HappyOne

HappyOne Regular Member

That racket was my first racket. Is been through hell. When I was in high school I get mad a lot and slam my racket on the ground. Of course I stopped doing that and soon replaced my racket with better ones but the memories will always be there