Carlton Powerblade Tour or Fireblade Tour

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by frankenbike, Sep 14, 2009.

1. frankenbike

frankenbike New Member

Hi, I am looking at getting a new racket and have an option of the Powerblade tour and Fireblade tour.

Can someone tell me which range is newer and if one is considered better than the other? Its been a long time since I have purchased a new racket so am not really up to speed with the ranges. I know about the new ranges that Carlton have out but the racket I will get will mainly be a second racket (unless I really get on well with it) so I dont want to spend a lot of money when its mainly going to be sat in my bag.

The Powerblade tour is £50 and the Fireblade is £65 (with a 5 racket bag inc) so similar price for both.

Also for additional info I am less of a power player and more control/placement style player.

Many thanks in advance!

2. philes

philes Regular Member

Guest House Owner
    Hi ,I play with a Fireblade tour and love it.
    Here is some of the Playability Guide (marks out of 10) that Carlton advertises for that model:
    Power: 8
    Control: 9
    Manoeuvrability: 9

I can vouch that the Fireblade Tour racket has a lot of control but it still delivers a lot of power for my type of game as i am a doubles player and love smashing

I have never tried the Powerblade and cannot give you an objective opinion as to which racket you should go for but i believe that the Fireblade range is newer and it was one of the rackets of choices of Nathan Robertson prior to his switching to the new Vapour Trail tour model

Would definitely recommend the Fireblade Tour

Best regards