User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by jwu
    should change the subject of this thread to "strings...still not broken yet, and racquet...repaint itself" . Seems like an amazing racquet you got there.
    LOL! Thx jwu

i thought I almost broke it today, when I fell on it. (slipped while doing a smash.) A piece of paint did come off, exposing beige plastic with what appears to be the Ti mesh. It doesn't look bad but it can't be too good either.

I actually ended up sitting on the head while still holding the racquet, and yet it didn't break. Speaks for the quality of BK racquets I think.
    Last edited by bigredlemon; 10-27-2002 at 09:03 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that reminds me, back when I was 10 yrs old, I used a yonex racket given by my dad, strung at 24 lbs and I used it for almost 4 yrs and yet the string never broke. Back then I played at least 3 hours a week during sch days and even more during holidays. Wierd huh?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Iwan
    that reminds me, back when I was 10 yrs old, I used a yonex racket given by my dad, strung at 24 lbs and I used it for almost 4 yrs and yet the string never broke. Back then I played at least 3 hours a week during sch days and even more during holidays. Wierd huh?
    Well you gotta remember that string life is also relative to the power you put into your every shot. Back when you were 10, I doubt you'd be putting as much power into your shots as you would now. It's like watching my cousin play, all shots go up instead of down... and they dont go too far... no boom sound when rallying, well... u get the idea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by bigredlemon

I actually ended up sitting on the head while still holding the racquet, and yet it didn't break. Speaks for the quality of BK racquets I think.
    Oh the things your racquet goes through!! Try running it over with your car next time and see if it bends. Black knight racquet, cool, might get one of those if durability is what I am looking for next time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i tried the BK 2008, 2006C4, and 2004TI just recently..

they are actually quite nice to use.. the power from the 2006 isn't bad but my experience with other racquets is non-existant... the 2008 has nice control and the 2004 i just didn't like much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by modious
    Indeed. No offence but if you have not been changing strings, my guess is that you're not playing that much or that well. And as benfolk mentioned, pple change strings when there's a loss in tension, strings break, or when it feels dead (Byron will know this. ).

For 2 years?? The strings will have already hardened and it should feel dead when playing with it.
    I decided to bring this racquet along with me in addition to me new one to compare them side by side. I never noticed before until now, but you are so right. Compare with my new strings, the strings on the old racquet where dead. I felt no repulsion at all.

The old racquet (AB Smash) is slightly flexible, head heavy, and heavy (~100g). The new raquet (BK ES-80, now called BK 2010C4) is medium-stiff, head light, and light (~82g). So my old airblade should have more power right? Nope, i had to swing twice as hard to get to go the same distance. Also, there's a 6 lb difference in string tension between the two racquets.

I know its been said alot that performance is 75% skill, 25% racquet... but i doubt this is the case with old string + cheap racquet.
    Last edited by bigredlemon; 11-13-2002 at 10:53 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2