Any placese to play in Harrisburg Pennsylvania?

Discussion in 'USA East' started by Frizelfry, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Frizelfry

Frizelfry New Member

Phsyical Therapy Assistant
    Hey guys!
    I am a 19 years old and I really want to get serious about badminton like entering tournaments and stuff.. But I do not know where to play! I live by Harrisburg Pennsylvania. DO you guys know a place where I can go play and possibly enter tournaments? please reply:)

2. planar

planar New Member

Did you get any information or response, I would like to join too.

3. brake2002

brake2002 New Member

Biomedical Engineer
    I too have been looking for a place to play badminton in the Harrisburg, PA area and was wondering if we could start our own club here. When I lived in Minnesota, there were several such groups I was a member of that would reserve time one or two nights a week in a High School gym or Recreation Center. We would set up 3 or 4 badminton nets using the volleyball mounts and play for a few hours. Carlisle used to have a group but I think the person who ran that group moved out of state several years ago and the group no longer exists.

4. sravikishore

sravikishore New Member

Software Engineer
    I'm also interested to Play here in Harrisburg

Hi All,
    I'm from INDIA and i'm good player of badminton. I would like fill in my free time with this and i'm very intrested in in setting up a GROUP for that.

Please get beack to me if any one is intrested on ASAP basis.

Thank you......n play with you soon......! :)

5. luannguyen

luannguyen New Member

Hey, i'm 21 and i'm from Vietnam. Did you guys find out any place to play? I used to play badminton and got used to it very quick. I'm very interested in playing badminton but i haven't gotten any chance to play since i moved to the United States. As a newcomer i don't really know how everything works here, u guys think we can borrow or rent any place to set up a badminton court? Or we can just set up a court at someone's house that's big enough. Let's make a plan that will work for now!

6. sravikishore

sravikishore New Member

Software Engineer
    Hi All,

It looks like we have enough players to start this. Now the count is 5 and if we take this seriously, i'm sure we can do something about this...like we can consult YMCA/Planet Fitness Center/LA Fitness Center with our requirement.

That will be great if we can get-2-gather n discuses further on this. Thank you.

7. nguyenthanhvuh

nguyenthanhvuh Regular Member

Student
  8. DRAGHUNA

DRAGHUNA New Member

I moved to Harrisburg about 4 years back. I managed to find a place that's about 15 miles from Harrisburg (Elizabethtown), PA and its been good playing here for the last 4 years. We play on Friday evenings between 6 and 9, sometimes till 10:30 based on number of people who show up. We have only 2 courts but you will definitely get enough games for the night. If you are interested let me know, I will be happy to provide additional details.

If you have managed to bring up a club in Harrisburg itself, please share the info. Will be glad to be part of a local club in this wonderful game.

9. biljana

biljana New Member

Logistics Coordinator
    I moved to Harrisburg a year ago for work, I haven't played Badminton in about 2 years. Looking to pick it up again. I went to PSU and played there once in a while but an hour and a half drive is a bit far just to play. (@ DRAGHUNA- E-town, isn't too far, would love to play with you guys if you can give me more info. I have my own racket, a bit out of shape but looking to possibly compete again so it would be nice to have people to practice with).

10. DRAGHUNA

DRAGHUNA New Member

Hello Biljana,

We play at Gears Community Center, the address is 70 South Poplar Street, Elizabethtown, PA 17022-2150. The court is open from 6PM through 9PM Friday evenings. Anyone is welcome to play here. They have rackets as well as birdies if you dont have them. They charge a minimal fee of $5 for the night to play here. Hope this information helps...

11. nguyenthanhvuh

nguyenthanhvuh Regular Member

Student
  12. andre82

andre82 Regular Member

software engineer
    Hi,

I just moved to York PA from CA. Does anyone know where to play? I'm a semi-pro player.

13. mallikvarma

mallikvarma New Member

software developer
    Hi, I am staying in Camp hill and having been looking to play. I use to play daily in India for the last couple of years. Let me know where you guys are playing and if can I join. Thanks - Mallik Varma

14. myGame101

myGame101 New Member

software
    I moved in Jan from CA to Harrisburg and looking place for badminton , does any know playing in this area ? let me know plz.
    I would love to play.