fleet woven 1000 vs woven 999

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by d3sm0nd, Sep 15, 2009.

1. d3sm0nd

d3sm0nd Regular Member

any1 can tel me which one is better?i m confuse which to choose...or any reviews bout this two racquet?:confused::confused::confused:

2. d3sm0nd

d3sm0nd Regular Member

hmm no ppl using fleet racquet here?:(

3. wendychi

wendychi Regular Member

fleet 999 is very good at hitting smash, my opinion is it is very good for the single, but for the double maybe it is too heavy and will draw more power to drag the racket. But I still think it is a head-heavy nice attack racket

4. greyes

greyes Regular Member

professor
    fleet woven 1000

I just got the fleet woven 1000 (3U G2). It's strung with Yonex BG 65 ti at 31 x 33 lbs and I added a replacement grip plus an overgrip to the handle (I have big hands:eek:). My other racquets I use are all Kason Arcustec 300As, which for the past 6-8 months or so have been my racquets of choice. The woven 1000 quickly changed that as I find it to be more stable and I have even more power when smashing. Plus the hitting sound when smashing sounds like a crack of lightning!:) (although I imagine that has a lot more to do with the string & tension.. the Kasons are currently strung with Ashaway MP red or Oliver BG63 at 29 x 31). Net play is about equal with both racquets, while a slight edge goes to the Kason when slicing the shuttle. I've never tried the woven 999, but I certainly would approve of the 1000! (I've also used YY armortec 900P, AT800 def, AT700, NS 9000X, MP99.. and this racquet definitely holds up against those! Actually, i prefer it to those as I find Yonex racquets to be quite brittle.. I haven't had one last more than 4-6 months! But if you want a comparison to a Yonex, I think it would be most similar to the AT800 def; but it definitely has its own unique qualities as well.. like more power!! :p

regards