playing with aching arms and tired shoulders

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Tekkai, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Tekkai

Tekkai Regular Member

Recently I played badminton with aching arms and tired shoulders, I couldn't feel the power in my arm and my grip, and all my shots esp the backhand seems to be crappy..the contact point was all wrong and I was hitting with abit of slice of the clears and smash. Usually it ain't like that. Is it just me? Or do anyone of you here faces the same problem?:confused:

2. zyxjk

zyxjk New Member

Usually when i play sore, my form turns terrible, i found out that it seemed to be because it hurts to hit the right shot so my body just stops trying :)

I don't know if it's such a smart idea to grit the pain but having a little more fun....:p

3. hhwoot

hhwoot Regular Member

Graduate Student
    I know exactly what you mean. Normally I play just fine, good shots and consistency. But whenever I try to play with my hands and feet tied up with ropes, suddenly I can't even get to the shuttle or even serve.:(

I really don't understand this. I mean, I can play good when I'm physically good. Therefore I should be able to play good even when I'm physically not good, right?:confused:

I apologize for the sarcasm, but what did you expect? If you're tired and aching then you won't be able to play like normal.

4. blindfury

blindfury Regular Member

try salonpas! it works on my legs but not my arms... lol

5. Shifty

Shifty Regular Member

Student
    You have to make sure you warm up properly. Once you do, it'll be less painful and less awkward. Although this is a stop gap measure, when, say, you're in a tournament and have to play. Otherwise take a break

gg